12 | It's hard

C H A P T E R   1 2

C H A P T E R 1 2

Even though I couldn't see the redness and my puffiness of my eyes, I knew it was there.

I grabbed the towel to dry my hands and leaned against the door.

My entire body felt like it was on fire, especially my cheeks and my heart was beating like crazy.

I took a deep breath and straighten my back along with my shoulders. My exit from the living room had been obviously awkward and that just made my cheeks burn hotter. All the way to my freaking white-painted toes.

Ughhhhh!

Jungkook was sitting on the sofa, with a bottle of water in his hands.

I gave him a good look and then walked straight into my room. No matter how much I wanted to sit there next to him, I couldn't.

He must be feeling even the tiniest bit of pity for me.

i told him the truth.

I never had parents.

I am an orphan.

He should've known sooner. I should've told him sooner. But i never did.

Until today.

This is all my fault-

"Lia."

I jerked my head his way, expecting to see him angry, but fortunately he had a soft expression on his face.

His eyes flashing with something I couldn't place as my heart was racing rapidly.

"Come here." He gestured with his hand for me to sit next to him.

Part of me wanted to storm out of the building but the other half of me wanted to stay in here.

That was the only thought that rushed through my mind as I ran my fingers through my hair and blew out a long breath.

I gritted my teeth as I started walking towards him.

He leaned his body back and ran his fingers gently through his hair at the same moment as i hesitantly sat on the sofa.