PROLOGUE (EDITED)

ANISHA VENKATASUBRAMANIAN

I stood in my room, surrounded by my luggage, double-checking if I had everything I needed. Leaving home, leaving behind everyone, especially HIM, felt excruciatingly painful—it was a pain that cut deep.

But I had to do this. Going away might ease the ache, bring some peace. It was better than allowing my heart to shatter into a million pieces every day without taking any action.

As I prepared to leave, someone abruptly entered my room. It was Neel Ramakrishnan, my best friend, my love.

"Wow, all packed up for the trip. But that's a lot of luggage for just five days, Panda bear," Neel remarked with a grin.

Neel chuckled, dismissing my statement. "Stop kidding, will you? We all have a flight to catch. Jiya, Aniruddh, Advay, Saumya, Ramya, Sukanya, Shaurya, and Tia are waiting outside for us."

"I'm going to the USA forever, and I'm never coming back here," I declared firmly. Neel's reaction was one of shock, as if he had just received the biggest jolt of his life.

"Why?" he questioned, his tone laden with confusion.

I exploded, "What why? Why do you care now, Mr. Ramakrishnan, when you never bothered to know what's been happening in my life all these years of college? Listen, let me make this clear once and for all—I don't want to see your face. We're over, whatever we had is over. Don't try to contact me or find me. I don't even want to see you. I hate you. Your best friend is dead from today onwards."

I knew I was being melodramatic, taking an extreme step, but it was for our own good. I had to do this.

"Why, Ani? Why, Panda bear? Why are you doing this to us? Didn't our beautiful friendship mean anything to you?" His voice cracked, pain evident in his eyes.

Watching him like this was excruciating. Lord, help me. Please make everything alright.

I yelled exasperatedly, "No, no, no! Now, please just get out of my room. I have a flight to catch, Mr. Ramakrishnan."

He coldly retorted, "Fine, then have it your way, Ms. Venkatasubramanian. Good luck." With that, he stormed out of my room.

I collapsed, tears streaming down my face, unable to contain the turmoil of emotions. Crying was all I could do in that moment. Five minutes later, my mom entered and enveloped me in a tight hug. It was exactly what I needed.

"It'll be okay. Come on, we have to go to the airport. It's getting late," Mom said, comforting me. I wiped my tears and stood up, ready to face what lay ahead. We headed downstairs.

AUTHOR'S NOTES A/N:-

Two best friends who were inseparable, who were always there for each other, who were like two peas in a pod, who shared a strong, close, and intense bond, who were shining examples for others—what went so wrong between them?

TO KNOW MORE READ THE STORY

FIRST CHAPTER WILL BE OUT SOON

HAPPY READING

ENJOY

VOTE SHARE READ COMMENT

NO OFFENSIVE OR HATEFUL COMMENTS

LOVE YOU ALL MY LOYAL READERS