Chp:-7 The Goddamn Party!

ANISHA VENKATASUBRAMANIAN

Next day I attended my music class and came home straight and did some intense novel reading and finally I started getting ready for the goddamn party. Gosh! I've never ever sulked like this before especially when it comes to meeting the Ramakrishnans. I purposely took my own sweet time to get ready. I took a nice long bath and wore the red anarkali suit that mom gave me yesterday.

Ananya akka entered and said, "oh God Ani you're not yet ready? Come on it's 7pm already we were supposed to leave now. You told that you're going to get ready like one and a half hours ago and now look at you you haven't combed your hair or anything. Comb your hair fast, wear your accessories and then let's get going."

I stuttered and said, "akka akka relax y'all wait outside I'll be there in 5 minutes. Go so that I can get ready." She went. Phew!

I wore my accessories and combed my hair and sprayed some perfume and within 15 minutes I was ready to go. I went to the living room only to see my beautifully dressed humble family members waiting for me.

Dad said, "come on our drama queen is here lets go."

I hit him playfully and said, "Appa don't tease me please." He just chuckled.

I said, "wow y'all seem to be so cool about me getting ready late. The way Ananya akka was freaking out I was like I'm going to get scolded by you all." I said while looking at my parents and grandparents.

Mom said, "let's leave now." We left our house immediately.

I don't know why I have a funny feeling about this goddamn party. Not a
positive funny feeling, certainly not!

Oh Ayyappa Swami (Lord Ayyappa) please take care of everything let this evening be peaceful. After a good 40 minutes drive we reached the Ramakrishnan mansion. We waited for dad to park the car and entered the mansion together. I saw Neel's close relatives and Navi uncle and Mala aunty's two to three close friends. Aniruddh, Jiya, Advay, Saumya and Shaurya were there too. I saw them standing at the bar sipping their drinks and talking.

I could see a few of Naitik anna and Neeti's close friends as well.

Shaurya turned his head towards me he smiled and said, "oh hey Ani come here." I smiled and went towards them.

I said, "hi guys." They all together said 'hey.'

Jiya said, "oh man Anisha you are looking so cute."

Saumya smiled and said, "I agree with Jiya. Red colour suits you."

I smiled and said, "thankyou. Mom got this dress for me."

We talked for a while.

I said, "have you all seen Neel? Where is he?"

Advay said, "he was here with us a while ago then he went to welcome a few of his cousins with Neeti after that we haven't seen him."

I said, "oh ok." I looked here and there. My eyes were desperately looking for Neel God knows why. It's been a while since I saw him.

I soon heard Neeti yell, "Ani babe Ani hey listen." I turned towards the direction from where I could hear Neeti's voice. She was walking towards me. She was wearing a gorgeous Mono Net Party Wear Ruffle Saree In White Colour with some floral designs.

Neeti here is Neel's twin sister. She's a chartered accountant and she has started working in Naitik Anna's company. Neel and Neeti's elder brother Naitik anna is a well known entrepreneur he has established his own company when he was in second year of his college and taken it to great heights which is very commendable.