Chp:-1 Stop Worrying And Start Living (EDITED)

AUTHOR'S NOTES A/N:-

Hey everyone, here's the first chapter. Enjoy it and let me know your thoughts in the comments.

I know it can be annoying, but I strongly recommend reading the author's notes in the beginning; it's essential. Thank you.

Enjoy the read.

Don't forget to vote, share, read, and comment.

No offensive or hateful comments, please.

Thank you.

Now, let the story begin.

Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.

ANISHA VENKATASUBRAMANIAN

I was in a peaceful slumber, embracing Paandu. Paandu, my large, soft teddy bear, has been my companion since childhood, and I adore him. I don't sleep without him; he accompanies me everywhere.

I sensed Paandu slowly moving away, and that's when I began to wake up gradually. Opening my eyes, I saw Paandu seated on the couch, wearing his ever-present smile. Aww... my cutie pie! I smiled dreamily.

I remained in that dreamy state until someone cleared their throat and said, "Ms. Anisha Venkatasubramanian, we don't want to miss our first day of the first year of MBBS, now do we?"

Turning my head toward the speaker, I found none other than my annoying best friend, Neel Ramakrishnan.

Neel and I have been best friends since we were babies. Inseparable, our dads, best friends since childhood, mirror our unbreakable bond. Neel's grandma and my grandma are also close friends.

We used to be neighbors in Kodambakkam, Central Chennai, until the 10th grade, after which Neel and his family moved to their mansion in Poes Garden, one of the posh residential areas of Chennai.

Neel's parents, Dr. Naveen Ramakrishnan and Dr. Malini Ramakrishnan, are highly respected doctors in their respective fields. Naveen uncle is a renowned neurologist, and Malini aunty is an exceptional obstetrician/gynecologist. Together, they established Ace Hospitals, a successful chain with branches across major cities in India and abroad.

Snapping out of my thoughts, I felt Neel shaking my shoulders.

"PANDA BEAR, WAKE UP! IT'S 6:30 AM, and you only have 15 minutes to get ready," exclaimed Neel.

SHOOT!

I leaped out of bed, rushed to the bathroom for my morning routine and a quick shower, and then dressed in a simple kurti, leggings, and earrings. I love wearing earrings but despise makeup. After spraying some perfume and deodorant—I admit, I'm a perfume maniac—I checked my appearance in the mirror one last time and hurried out of my room. Neel was sitting on the couch, acting as if he had all the time in the world, chatting with my dad. They both turned to look at me, and Neel flashed an evil smirk. What's up with this idiot?

Dad quipped, "Ani kanna, am I dreaming, or are you actually up so early in the morning?" he said, batting his lashes. I rolled my eyes. (Kanna is a Tamil endearment)