Chp:-10 Goodbye

ANISHA VENKATASUBRAMANIAN

I walked out of the classroom before Neel could utter a single word. I was sick and tired of this. Damn it!

I ran into the washroom and cried my heart out. After that I quickly washed my face and ran downstairs and met my family and we went for having lunch. I only know how I managed to keep that fake smile on my face throughout, so that no one in my family gets to know that I'm upset.

How many times am I going to hurt myself? This is all too much handle.

I'm deeply madly and unconditionally in love with my best friend Neel Ramakrishnan. I don't know when it happened, how it happened, why it happened, all I know is that 'It Happened Once Upon A Time.'

I have loved with all my heart. But unfortunately, he never loved me. He never looked at me like that. He has always adored me and liked me a lot but just like how normal bestfriends do nothing beyond that.

He never gave me any signals indicating that he likes me more than a friend. I never saw that kind of affection for me in his eyes that I have always craved to see.

He fell in love with a girl who is a total bitch and that's what annoys me.

Neel certainly deserves better!

Whenever I see him with Ramya, my blood boils, I feel really jealous. That bitch snatched away my bestfriend from me. She genuinely likes Neel but she's very possessive and controlling.

I've seen Neel when he's around her. He really seems to be happy with Ramya and seeing him happy makes me happy. I can do anything to see the killer smile on his gorgeous face.

Honestly I can't blame him for not having feelings for me, but why does he have to neglect me and distance himself from me? It's all because of that jealous bitch, she's jealous of the bond that me and Neel share. My love is pure and unrequited. This is not going to fade away.

She thinks I'll come in between them and snatch Neel away from her but no I'm not a mean person. My best friend's happiness matters to me and if he's genuinely happy with her then I won't come in the way.

I don't know what to do. It's becoming tougher and tougher day by day to keep these feelings within myself. I'm scared one day I won't be able to take it anymore and everything will be ruined.

I can't let my friendship get ruined because of my feelings. No way!

We came back home half an hour ago. I was pacing around my room. I heard my phone's notification tone. I opened my phone and saw a text from Neel. I read.

Neel - Hey Panda bear are you back home?

Neel - Are you ok? You looked sad while leaving.

Neel - Excited for Goa😁😁?? We'll have a blast. I still remember about your wish to go to Thalassa - Greek Restaurant and eat Greek food.

Neel - Also I'll make sure that our first alcohol experience is memorable you'll love it.

Neel - We'll be visiting lot of good churches also.

Neel - I can't wait Ani.

Neel - See you soon. Can't wait for 22nd July.

Me and Neel had made lots of plans to do things together, to have our first times together. But I don't think all that is going to happen. The plans which will never be executed. I let out a sarcastic laugh.