|Chapter 15|

Warnings: Incest(Harry and Tom are twins), Sirensex?(is that a thing... I guess it is now?), Possessive Tom, Evil Tom, character death, slightly dubious consent, rape, eventual Stockholm syndrome(not happening in the chapter, but in the future, so a fair warning for it anyway). This turned out far darker than I had originally in mind...

A terrifying scream that chilled everyone to the bone echoed through the deep waters. It was filled with righteous anger and despair.

Horrified James tightened his grip around the small baby in his arms and speed up, reaching the surface in no time. The moment he breathed in fresh air instead of the salty waters he gasped and swam to the shore he saw. All the while the baby in his hands kept crying and when James set foot on the beach, feeling the ground beneath him he relaxed.

He glanced over to the ocean behind him, ignoring the cries of the child in his arms. She deserved it... Narrowing his eyes he wishes he could have taken both. But at least grabbing one of her children was punishment enough. The beautiful mermaid, who turned out to be a siren, had lured him in.

Soon she had been pregnant of twins and now finally after having spent more than a 1 year under that curse he pulled free. James frowned when he felt the baby moving erratically in his arms and his eyes widened as he saw those small fins on the elbows disappear.

The boy's ears which had looked like fins as well become round and humanlike. And the small mermaid-like tail changed, forming two small legs. Harry... the young child in his arms had turned from a filthy sea creature into a human being in no time.

The crying stopped and James noticed that his son was now unconscious... Trembling slightly it was then he felt the cold night wind around him and with one last hateful glance towards the sea he turned around. Leaving Lily and Tom, his other son, behind in the sea.

The only problem was how was he going to explain his disappearance to Remus and Sirius.

-------

16 years later:
"Happy birthday, Harry." Sirius said as he pulled his godson in for a tight hug and patted him on the back.

Harry smiled and easily returned the hug. 17... Time seemed to fly by. Sirius leaned down before letting him go completely. "How about we go to the beach the next time you sleep over by me?" It was a soft whisper in his ear, because his father wouldn't like it one bit.

Harry's smile brightened as he replied, just as quiet. "I would like that." Letting go he saw how Sirius grinned at him and roughly ruffled his hair.

With a scowl and a small laugh Harry snapped the hand away. His hair was just like his father's, untameable and Sirius always commented on that. He was the spitting image of his father, except for his eyes. His green eyes were his mother's.

Though sadly Harry had never met her. His father stating that she had left them and that he never wanted to talk about her. Sirius and Remus didn't know anything about her, other than that it might have been a fling or one-night stand. It saddened him.

And other than her first name he didn't know anything about her. Lily... It would be difficult to search for his mother, knowing next to nothing about her, but he always had this urge to go out and find her.

Harry let out a small sigh and Sirius smiled sadly at him. "Heey kid. It will be alright."

Harry snorted and forced a small smile on his face. "Yeah, I know. In a few more years I will be living on my own." It wasn't that he hated his father, but he didn't quite like him either.

Looking around he noticed how his father was smiling down at Rose, his little sister. It was a smile filled with love and affection. Something that was only meant for Rose and Lillian, his step-mother.