!chapter 2!

***

The two women walked through the small village with small bags at their sides. The village that didn't really have a name was just ten miles away from the house. They knew of the war that had been inflicted on them by the Fold but their little corner of the world seemed to have avoided it.

Adena was the name of their little corner of the world.

One problem about their little village was all kinds of people could easily hide in it. They didn't have a ton of security unless it came from the Little Palace, but even that was too far away to worry about them.

Bad people had a tendency to hide in their small village as if the Little Palace guards wouldn't come find them or someone wouldn't turn them in but they would.

Sometimes they were never found out though.

They still had executions and stuff like that but normally they were closed and nobody attended them. And even those were rare in of themselves, people usually only sent off to a holding cell before someone came to take them away. Maybe they went to be thrown in the Fold or maybe they were taken somewhere more high security.

Nobody really knew the answer to that one.

Seraphine and Fern walked side by side with Ku trailing behind them. Ku was the family's large polar-dog. He had the body of a polar bear, the face of a gold retriever and the hind legs of a wolf. The large mammal was covered in thick white fur that was was meant to withstand Fjerda temperatures.

Like most members of the family, he was recused by Mrs. Decóva. Ku was picking up on the street from an illegal animal trader. He was their guard dog and a very good one at that. And did not like men. He could control himself when just walking past a man but when one got to close to one of his girls, he attack.

The streets weren't incredibly busy today, which was nice. Normally it was much busier than this but there were a few many people around.

As the two woman ducked through crowds and walked through, most parting for the large polar dog behind them, Seraphine could see the way they looked at her. Like she was the enemy.

The blonde eye-browed girl at her side was wearing a long coral pink dress with small silts in the waist and small boots. On the inside of the silts in her dress were small holders with little daggers that could be hidden in the palm of her hand. She never really needed them other then peeling fruit or slicing meat but it was nice to have them.

 She never really needed them other then peeling fruit or slicing meat but it was nice to have them

Seraphine was never one to wear dresses, so out of Mrs. Decóva's old dresses, she cut them and made shirts instead. She had on a almost transparent white shirt that came up to here neck and down to her wrists. A maroon see through corset was wrapping around her hips and waist along with tan pants that blended in with her skin.