!chapter 8!

***

"Oh." Alina said after Genya told them that they were to meet the king in a hour.

"Yes, 'oh.' So let's get on with it." The redhead said as she gestured to Seraphine to go into one of the side rooms, which she guessed was a door to the hallway but she was wrong. It was a walk in closet that had dress over dress, a few things with pants that she assumed would be the thing she would be wearing most if she helped it.

She stepped in and turned around to look at Genya who stood in the doorway behind her. "You get ready while I do Alina's hair and makeup then you two will switch."

"But I don't-" The door closed, cutting her off and causing her to sigh, turning back around to the circular room. Standing in front of her was the dress that she assumed was the outfit she was suppose to wear.

As much as she never understood the love most women had for dresses, but Seraphine had to admit, this one was gorgeous. The shape of the dress was like something that came out of a fairy tale book, lots of lace fabric layered together to make the bottom of the outfit puffier. The shoulders of the similar, poofing out with a small covering over them.

"Wow

"Wow.." Her fingers trailed over the materials for a second, admiring it before starting to untie her robe, deciding to just try to get into the dress herself. "Alright, let's try this."

***

"Do you think she's doing alright in there?" Alina asked suddenly when their conversation about when Genya knew she was a Grisha had gone quiet for a second. The two of them had been hearing Seraphine bump into the walls of the other room and groans coming from her as well, sounding like she was having a go with someone but really she was in a battle with a dress.

"I honestly can't tell." The redhead responded, hovering one of her hands over the back of the girls head, untangling her knotted hair and making it slightly waved, in her other hand was a black beaded bracelet to base the style off of. "There." As she said that, Alina pulled her new hair over her shoulder to look at it. She didn't think her hair had even been this smooth before.

"How old were you when you knew?"

"Testers found me when I was 11. That's when General Kirigan gifted me to the Queen. But I've been working on myself since I was three." Genya said causally, holding different things up to the sun summoners face to see what color she liked.

"Since you were three?!" She said in shock. She hadn't known that people could know at such a young age. "Saints! I can't go in front of the King. I need more time. I've only been a Grisha for a few days."