1

Serenity^^^^

Serenity

"Okay baby, I'm leaving now." I kiss Tommy's head. Me and Tommy have been dating for 5 years but here lately he hasn't been acting the same. I don't want to accuse him of cheating but his new behavior has been having me worried. He won't touch me and he acts like I disgust him. He hasn't touched me for a month and whenever I bring it up he just says he is just tired.

He mumbled and rolled over throwing the covers over himself. "Love you too." I sighed walking out the bedroom. I grabbed my keys and made my way to the elevator so I could go down to the basement.

As I was getting in my car my phone started ringing. I pulled it out of my purse to see it was a facetime call from my best friend Laila. Getting in I answered and placed my phone in my phone holder above my radio.

"Hey girl" Laila screamed through the phone. She is the bestest friend I could ever ask for. Since I work at the hospital I wake up at 5am to be at work at 6:45am. She doesn't have to be at work till 10am, but she never misses a day of waking up at 6am juss to call and talk to me while I'm on my way to work.

I laugh and put on my seatbelt. "Hey Laila" "Hiiii aunty Riri" Lailani said. "Hey aunty's baby goodmorning!" Lailani is Laila's 3 year old daughter. Since we have been bestfriends since grade school we felt it appropriate to have our kids call each other aunty. I don't have any kids yet because Tommy 'isn't a kid person' but he could have a change of heart, we are only 26.

"Girl yo niece has been waking up and going back to sleep since 5 o'clock this morning." Laila said giving Lani her tablet and turning on Cocomelon. "I wonder why is she feeling okay?" I asked coming to a stop light.

"I don't know i hope so- oh girl imma talk to you later her ugly ass daddy is calling me."

"Okay bye" I laugh as she hangs up. I turn on my music and continue to drive.

*******

Walking into work I pause a little when I see Anthony. I have been working with him for 3 years and he has been trying to get with me the whole time. And I have to admit if I wasn't with Tommy I'd definitely be all over that fine man. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I saw Keisha walking over to him. I rolled my eyes and made my way to the clock.

Keisha was a fast ass newbie who had no chill nor class. But I mind my business and get my money.

****

"Hi Mr. Watts I'm gonna be taking care of you while you stay. How are you feeling on a scale of one to ten." I say to the elderly white man as I write my info on the board.

"Oh no can you come here I think something is wrong with my iv?" He asked looking at his wrist.

"Oh no im sorry lemme see." I walk over to him and as soon as I get close enough he grabs me and sticks his tounge out pulling on me. I push away and look at him shocked.

"Sir that is extremely inappropriate!" I say in disbelief. He just laughs and I walk out running up to the desk. "Hey- oh its you." Keisha spits at me.

"Not right Keisha can you just please tell Mr. McCann to assign Mr. Watts a new nurse?" I spit back rolling my eyes. She sighs and nods.

**********
"I'm home." I scream closing the door behind me. I hear music coming from the bedroom and drop my things. I slowly walk towards the bedroom and open the door expecting to find him with another woman.

I open the door to find just that. A dirty ass hoe sleeping with my ma- ex man.

I hold back any tears that dared escape and just walked away.

"Ri stop hollup its not what it looks like." Tommy chased after me grabbing my arm. I had grabbed my purse before he touched me and when he did I quickly grabbed my taser turning around to face him.

"Get. The. Fuck. Off. Me." I growled through my teeth. He jumped back still holding on to a sheet that was wrapped around his waist.

"Please, don't leave me" he sighed pleading with me. "I'm already gone. " I say reaching for the door.

"Aye I said you ain't leaving m-" he grabbed me again but was cut off when I tased him. I watched him shaking on the floor then I saw the girl standing in a bra and panties in my hallway.

"You want some of this." I waved my taser at her. She violently shook her head no and used her hands to cover herself. I fixed myself and walked out the door.

********

"Damn sis. That's tough what you gon do." Laila asked shaking her head.

"Going back." I sipped my wine unfazed.

"What?" She almost spit out her wine.

"Mhm imma go back to MY house, bleach that nigga shit set it outside and change the mother fuckin locks." I grinned.

"See that's why you my bitch" she laughed as we clicked glasses.