7

3 months later

Serenity

I waddled out of my job building and into my car. Since I was only 21 weeks I had a ways to go before my maternity leave but my belly is poking out right now.

I pulled out my phone to call Ant. No response.

He had been doing this for the past 2 months. The month before that it was just that he was busy now I get no time with him and he doesn't answer the phone. He quit working at the hospital. Now I don't know what he's doing everyday to maintain that lavish lifestyle of his. Its really sad.

Tommy's health is getting bad. He is bedridden and grey as ever. I go check on him every now and then and give him ultrasound pictures but being honest I don't think he will ever make it to see the baby. The time is near and we all know it.

Lai has been absent too lately and from what I hear Trenton stopped working at the club. Everyone is gone. No one is talking to me anymore but sick ass Tommy.

*******
I was laying in bed when my phone started ringing. Not even excited I answered not looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?" I answered blandly.

"Hey baby" Ant spoke through the phone.

"What do you want Anthony?" I said clearly irritated.

"Whoa baby what's wrong"

"You never answer my calls and now you call at 12am?" I almost yelled down the phone.

"Listen baby I-" I hung up not wanting to hear his excuses. I swear if he is fuckin some other bitches we gonna have some problems.

I'm sitting here pregnant and fat and he is out doing his own thing like I don't exist. Who does he think he is.

**************
Anthony pov

Getting up from the table I looked over at Trent.

"Is she mad?" He asked worridily

I nodded in defeat. Me and Trent met through the Mafia and now we joined back together. Trent told Laila but I don't wanna tell Serenity until she gives birth so she won't stress. But every since I've joined I've been super busy and not getting to spend time with her as much.

Me and Trent quit our old jobs because trying to juggle both would be too hard.

"Its alright man I made sure Lai not gon say nun so you straight." He assured me. I nodded knowing in the back of my head it would be a whole lot better if she just knew.

We walked outside and got into our separate cars not before saying our goodbyes. I decided to stop by her house because I hated when she was mad at me and unfortunately that was way more frequently than before.

*********
I used my key to get in and made my way to her room to see her sleeping. I stripped out of my clothes and climbed in bed behind her. I wrapped my arms around her but she pushed me away. I sighed and turned over.

"I love you." I said to get no response. I closed my eyes trying not to break down. Sleep began taking over and soon enough I was asleep.

**********

Serenity pov

I woke up to find Ant still sleep in bed. I rolled my eyes and slipped on my house shoes. I pulled out a fresh set of scrubs and went into my bathroom and turned on the shower. Walking back out the bathroom I grabbed my phone off the nightstand taking it into the bathroom with me. Turning on my music I stepped into the shower.

I washed myself and stepped out. I did my hygiene and applied my lotion and belly butter for stretch marks. I put on my scrubs and perfume and started on my hair. I pulled my hair into a ponytail and called it a day.

I walked out the bathroom to see Ant awake and texting on his phone in the bed. He saw me and put it away.

"Hey baby." He said smiling.

I ignored him.

He sighed walking over to me and kissing my temple then going to the drawer and grabbing an outfit. I had clothes and hygiene at his house and he had some at mine.

I grabbed my keys and walked out. Lai had even stopped calling me in the mornings which broke my heart. She has been my best friend forever and now its like I don't even know her anymore.

I made it to my car and began my day.

******
"Can I talk to you?" Ant pleaded as I walked in the door. I attempted to push past him only for him to grab my wrist pulling me back.

"What? Now you wanna talk? Please." I scoffed and had another attempted fail at leaving.

"Please Ri its not what it seems. I will tell you at a later date but right now is not the time."

"Why not? Why does it hav-" I was cut off by my phone ringing. I jerked my wrist away from him and answered my phone seeing it was Tommy's mom. That was weird she never called me especially now that we were broken up.

"Hello?" I answered with confusion in my voice.

"Serenity...um nice talking to you." She said with a shaky voice like she had been crying or something.

"Are you okay, is everything alright?" I asked getting worried. Ant took a step towards me as he could see the worry on my face. I stepped back holding my hand out infront of his face causing him to sigh.

"No, actually nothing is alright. Tommy is in the hospital. He's doing bad Serenity. Can you come up here. We wanna pull the plug but we want to get one last picture of him and the baby...or your belly." She stated breaking down. When the hell did this happen. I had just seen him 2 weeks ago and now he is dying. Not even gonna lie. It kinda stings.

"Yes ma'am I'm on my way." I grabbed my keys and my purse. She gave me the adress and I hurried out the door with a confused Ant following me.

"Hey wait hold on whats going on?" He stopped me.

"Its Tommy. He's in the hospital."