8

Serenity

We pulled up to the hospital and I was still not speaking to Ant. Whenever he decided to be a man and tell me whats going on then we can talk like adults.

Finding his room I slowly opened it up to see his mom holding back tears as they laughed at something.

He looked bad. Like basically dead. His caramel skin was grey and blotchy. His eyes were droopy and low. He looked like he was tired and ready to go.

"Serenity, you came." His raspy voice barely managed to get out. "Of course how you feelin?" I asked closing the door in Ant's face behind me.

He sighed and shrugged as his mom got up and pulled me into a hug. She held me tight as if she never wanted to release. Like she was holding onto him.

"Okay well I won't hold you let's get this picture." She smiled wiping a stray tear. I nodded my head. Walking over to him he placed his shaky hand on my belly and we smiled for the camera. Once I heard the click go off I felt his hand fall off. Looking down I realized it went limp. Looking at him it looked like he had gone to sleep.

"Tommy?" His mom ran over to him gently shaking him. She repeated his name over and over to get no response.

I was in shock. I backed into the corner and watched as the horror took over. She ran out the room calling the nurse and doctors in. They ushered us out and we sat in the waiting room.

"I'm really sorry" I said looking at her red puffy face. Ant had attempted to touch me but I pushed him away.

"Don't say that he isn't gone yet. He is fine he will make it. My baby is a fighter." She said rocking back and forth. Minutes later a doctor came out shaking his head.

"I'm sorry" he stated and processed to leave. Tommy's mom fell knees first onto the floor bawling her eyes out. I wobbled over to her and kneeled down rubbing her back. She grabbed onto me burying her head into my shirt. I looked up at Ant to see him in just as much shock as I was.

10 minutes later Toni, Tommy's brother came flying down the hallway. "Its okay i got her." He said gently prying her from me. I nodded and walked away with Ant close behind.

I didn't even care about whatever it was Ant was talking about anymore. Sure I was mad at Tommy for what he had done but before hand we were in a 5 year relationship and before that we were best friends. No matter how mad I am at someone death never crosses my mind. So this was affecting me and I didn't need anymore outside problems especially not while pregnant.

I got in my car and Ant jumped in never breaking his stare at me. I pulled out my keys and went to stick them in the ignition but was stopped when I felt a force on my wrist.

Looking over I saw Ant grabbing me looking worridily. "What? What do you want from me Anthony." I dropped my arm looking at him.

"Please just hear me out. I thought I would wait for the baby to get here but I guess its now or never." He sighed running his hands over his face. I had never seen him look so nervous so i started paying attention.

He sighed one more time and looked at the ground like he was disappointed. Worry took over my face as I watched him unfold.

"I left my family 3 years ago. When I came here. I used to live with them in Mexico but I had to get out of there." He stated still looking at the ground. "Baby, what happened?" I asked knowing he was avoiding the main thing.

"I was...I was in the Mafia. And I'm back in." He looked up at me. I just watched him in shock. He tried to grab my hand but I pulled back.

"Baby wait let me explain. I was gonna stay at the hospital but my dad came back and made me go back. Trent is in it too, Lai knows. But we get to stay here for a while but we will have to visit Mexico again." He stated trying to read me. I really didn't know how to feel or what to say but I knew that I wasn't leaving. I love this man. He didn't leave me when I found out I was pregnant and as long as he knows how to keep his business over where its supposed to be im fine.

"When is Mexico?"

"In 2 weeks we are going to Tulum for a weekend." He looked as if he was waiting for me to say something.

"I wanna go." He frowned as if I answered wrong.

"And I want Lai to go too." I sat back in my seat grinning.

"No absolutely not. Its dangerous. Your pregnant. Not a good idea Serenity no." He stated firmly.

"Why not. I need a getaway because if you haven't noticed it's a shit show here." He sighed rubbing his hands over his face.

"Fine. You can go but your access to everything will be very very limited and someone will always be watching you got me?" He looked me in my eyes. I nodded smiling.

Guess who's going to Tulum.