5

Anthony

I pulled up to the restaurant waiting for Serenity. After her ultrasound we decided to go out for dinner but as expected I beat her here.

"Hello I need a table for 2." I politely asked the waiter. She looked up at me smiling and just stared for a while.

I looked around awkwardly. She broke out of whatever she was in when I looked away.

"Uh yea sorry right this way." She blushed leading me to a booth.

"Thank you" I said taking a seat. She nodded walking away.

Soon I saw Ri walking in beaming. She had this glow that made me smile uncontrollably. She always did.

She walked over to me looking happy as ever pulling something out of her bag. As she sat down she slid an envelope across the table.

"A gift for me?" "Mhm, open it open it." She beamed looking between me and the envelope.

I opened it and was in awe when I saw an ultrasound picture of the baby. Sure it wasn't my baby but Serenity is my lady and I'm willing to be there for the baby. I'll treat them as if they are my own.

"Wow." I said smiling down at the picture.

"It's really a baby. I'm 3 months" she said grabbing her non existent tummy. She may be 3 months but you wouldn't be able to tell.

Like at all.

We talked a bit more before the waitress came back. She looked at me before her eyes landed on Serenity and it seemed her mood dampened. But it just made me smile at my baby.

"Can I start yall off with some drinks?" She asked looking back at me. I went to speak before Ri cut me short.

"Sure I'll take a lemonade." She gave a fake smile before rolling her eyes. I gently nudged her with my foot under the table causing her to mouth 'what ' i shook my head and turned to the waitress.

"Can I have a Sprite?" I ask trying not to laugh. She nodded and walked away.

"Why you gotta act like that?" I say finally letting it out. "Why she gotta look at you like that." She stated mean mugging into the distance.

I laughed picking up my menu. "Tommy's really excited about the baby." I gripped my menu tighter trying to stay calm. I hated that clown since the beginning. I knew he was no good for Serenity and this whole pregnancy situation proves my point even further.

"I think this baby will be really for me and him, ya know maybe he will change his ways -" I cut her off stopping her tangit.

"Why we talkin bout this clown?" I said lowly not moving my eyes from my menu. I could feel her looking at me but I didn't move a muscle.

"I was juss sayin maybe the family thing will be good for the baby." She said almost whispering and looking away.

"Family as in you and him?" I say now looking at her. I couldn't believe the words coming out her mouth right now.

"Nothing nevermind I don't know what I was thinking." She stated.

***********
Dropping my keys on the rack I noticed that my house looked like someone was in here.

My instincts kicked in and I pulled out my gun. Creeping into my living room I saw my dad sitting there. I put down my gun and he gave a devilish grin.

"Dad? What are you doing here?" I asked worried.

"Son. Long time no see. You thought you could just walk away from your Mafia duties with no penalties. It's been 3 years son. Time to come back." He stated smiling.

Oh shit.

********
Serenity pov

Walking into my apartment I kicked off my shoes and dropped my purse. I was full as a horse but I always had space for dessert. I grinned skipping to my fridge and pulling out my tub of cookie dough ice cream. I grabbed a spoon and sat down on my couch grabbing my throw blanket. I kicked up my feet and put Netflix on my TV.

I turned on the Conjuring and got comfy. 10 minutes into my movie I heard a knock on my door.

"Ayo who the fuck." I sat down my ice cream and hopped off my couch.

"What the hell you want." I yanked open the door to see Lai. "Chill its me." She said throwing her hands up in the air. "I can clearly see that hoe now what you want." I said trying not to laugh. I failed when she burst out laughing while she came in.

"I should tase yo ass." I laid back down. "Imma take that from you." She said grabbing a spoon and laying down next to me grabbing some of the big fluffy blanket.

"Shut up and watch this movie heffa." I laughed turning the movie back on.

I love my bestfriend