15

♡Serenity♡

I sipped my eggnog as Lani smiled looking at all her toys and everyone else smiling and laughing about their gifts. They were in the living room and I was in the kitchen.

I was pissed because Anthony didn't get me a got damn thing. I got him a fucking rolex, a pair of Jordans and a sweatshirt and ion get shit. I'm not a materialistic person but damn the nigga got everyone else something.

Feeling him put his head in the crook of my neck I set down my mug getting up from my seat. "Baby wait why are you acting like this. Every since the gift exchange you been acting funny." He followed me into the hall.

"What? No im fine." I kept walking. "Serenity!" he said firmly grabbing my wrist and pulling me to him.

Damn it's kinda hard to be mad when he do shit like this.

"What?" I said trying to pull away only for him to form a tighter hold. "What is it? Tell me what I did." He said looking me in the eyes. His eyes were dark and serious. How could he act so clueless.

"My fucking present!" I tried not to scream.

"Baby I don't wanna give you material things. My love for you is more than that." He said loosening his grip. Taking this opportunity I pulled away and pushed him speed walking away. "Right. Sorry I mentioned it." I waved my arms slamming the door in his face.

Flopping onto the bed I wrapped myself up in a blanket and slowly started drifting off to sleep as tears streamed down my face.

Fuck his gifts. I don't want them anyways.

What a lie.

************
Stretching I slowly got out of bed to see it around 7pm ish. Standing up I noticed how quiet the house was.

Slowly opening the door I looked around calling out for everyone. Soon I heard 'A Couple Of Forevers' by Chrisette Michele coming from the back yard. Opening the door and going outside I freeze dead in my tracks.

Lailani, Laila, Trenton, and Anthony are all standing around the display smiling at me I stand there shocked

Lailani, Laila, Trenton, and Anthony are all standing around the display smiling at me I stand there shocked. Stepping completely outside I close the door and cover my mouth in awe.

Anthony slowly approached me getting down on one knee opening up a black velvet box looking up at me with glossy eyes. Tears streamed down my face as everything unfolded.

"Serenity, 3 years ago when I saw you in the office eating a glaze donut I knew you would be mines. No matter how long it took, what I had to do, or how hard it would be. These past few months have meant so much to me. You mean the absolute world to me and the love I have for you is happily unconditional. You love me through everything and except all my flaws and tonight I kneel infront of our friends who are basically family and ask you if you would do me the God given honor of becoming Mrs. Serenity Ramos. Serenity Walker will you marry me?" At the end of his speech me and Lai were crying.

So many emotions were going through my head but my answer was very clear.

"Yes yes a thousand times yes!" I croaked out through my tears. Claps and cheers went around as a smiling Anthony placed the rock on my ring finger.

As he stood up we both pulled in for a passionate kiss and tight hug that felt never ending but I loved every moment of it

"This is the gift you were so mad at me about." He smiled whispering in my ear. I laughed releasing him.

Before parting we kissed one more time. Soon we were being bum rushed by everyone.

"Awweee girl lemme see the diamond!" Lai cooed as I scooped up Lani.

Giving her my hand she screamed pulling me into a hug sandwiching Lani in the middle of us.

Guess who's getting married!

************

"Wow baby! I just can't stop looking at the ring and thinking about the wedding." I smiled kissing his cheek as he pulled out Trent's driveway.

"Well I'm ready to start planning as soon as you are." He smiled back placing his hand on my thigh.

"Well I do have a few traditions for us that I want us to follow." I put my head back on the seat rubbing his hand.

"And what are they?"

"Well for the month leading up to the wedding, no sex-"

"WHAT?" he yelled out interrupting me.

"Oh shut the hell up you'll be fine and it will make the honeymoon 10 times better. Anyways, the night before you will spend the night somewhere else and we won't see each other until showtime. But I don't know who will walk me down the isle." I sighed on the last part.

"Hakeem will walk with you."

Hakeem is my older brother but only by 4 years. We don't talk much mostly because after our parents pasted 4 years ago we never had a reason to. We call on holidays, birthdays, and special occasions. Its sad but reality. We aren't mad at each other or anything it can just tend to be awkward.

"What if he says no?"

"He won't you're his baby sis. And plus I still have to meet him anyways." He said grabbing my hand and kissing it.

Relaxing I sat back. I do have to call him anyways.

Its worth a shot.

****************

"Hey Hakeem merry Christmas how you been?"

"Hey Siri merry Christmas I been good whats up?"

"Well I'm engaged and I was hoping me you and my fiance could have a lunch."

"Yea let's set a date."