11

♡Serenity♡

Ant looked down and immediately looked at me. Worry took over both our faces before he flagged down the men at the table and they all jumped up. The older man came rushing back looking at Ant with worry.

"AHHH" I screamed falling to the ground grabbing my belly in pain. I heard a thud before everything went dark.

**********

*beep* beep* beep*

Fluttering my eyes open the bright light flashed in my face. Forcing my eyes open I looked around the room to see Vince standing by the door, the older man standing by the bed, Trent and Lai on the couch and Ant sitting in a chair next to me.

"Serenity" Lai jumped up running over to me. I smiled still confused. What happened?

"What happened?" I asked hugging her. "We are at our family house and you are being treated by our nurse." The older man spoke. I looked at him in confusion.

"Sorry yo soy Anthony's padre." He smiled. Good thing I know a little Spanish. I smiled at him.

"What's wrong?" I asked reading everyones sad faces.

"You- you..." Ant's shaky voice was cut off when the nurse came in.

"Hola!" The nurse came rushing in. "Okay did they tell you what's going on." She tried to keep the mood light. Ant had his head down and his face was red and puffy Lai wouldn't let go of my hand. It was as if she was holding onto a memory or something.

I shook my head letting go of Lai and grabbing my belly.

"Okay...I am so sorry. You lost your baby and will have to deliver them." My heart dropped down to my toes. A lump formed in my throat and it became raspy and itchy like I was choking.

"No no there has to be a mistake." I yelled sitting up causing Ant to grab me. "Baby baby shhh its okay relax." He rubbed my back kissing my head.

"Ma'am we would like to begin the labor as soon as possible." Tears streamed down my face as reality sung in.

"Sis its okay its gonna be fine." Lai hugged my limp body. The tears kept coming as my face remained in a confused state.

"We can bury them for you if you would like to have a mini funeral." I shook my head and wiped my face. Ant looked kinda shocked but knew better than to question me right now.

"I wanna get the baby out right now." I laid back opening my legs.

The room echoed with gasps and even the nurse took a step back. "Okay if you insist. " she ran going to get the doctors.

"Baby you don't-" "no im doing this my way." I silenced ant before he got the chance to get out his words.

The doctors rushed in with their masks and gloves and the ushered everyone out except Ant. Before leaving Lai squeezed ny hand giving me a sad smile.

"Okay so we will actually be doing a c section." The doctor smiled as another grabbed a large needle. I frowned up squeezing Ant's hand.

"So we will need to give you the epidural in your spine and once it kicks in, which trust me will be like 2 minutes, we will begin." I nodded taking a breathe.

The doctor twirled his finger gesturing for me to get on my side for the shot. I groaned and shuffled over. I felt him wiping down the area before sticking me. The initial pain wasn't too bad but then it began to burn causing me to squeeze ant once again.

Getting back on my back they set up for the procedure and I looked over at Ant. He looked down at me with tears in his eyes. I could tell this was too much for him. I didn't know what to do but feel angry for not being able to have the baby. A final tear streamed down my face as I gave him a tight lipped smile.

What's wrong with me? Why couldn't I do it?

Soon I felt loopy and everything became a blur.

*********

♤Anthony♤

"How long will she sleep?" I asked the doctor getting anxious.

The surgery had ended about 3 hours ago and Ri has been knocked out since.

"The rest of the night, no worries she should be back to normal by tomorrow." He stated flipping through papers.

I glared at him due to his words.

Normal?

"Well starting her healing process." He said putting the clipboard down to his side. I put my head in my hands and began bouncing my leg.

"Sorry for the loss of your baby boy. This won't hurt forever. It might for a while but you can always try again. I'm sorry." He patted my back and walked off. It was super late and Lai and Trent had went back to their hotel. I heard some footsteps approaching but kept my head down hoping they would keep walking.

"Son." I looked up to see my dad looking down at me with a sorrowful look on his face. Getting up I stood face to face with him. We stood each other down for a while before forcefully pulling in for a hug. I didn't mean to but I started crying. I cried like a baby on my father's shoulder. He held me and rubbed my back as I let it out.

"It's okay, there will be other times. Maybe now just isn't the right time for you guys. " picking up my head I nodded fixing my face.

"Now fix your face, be there for your woman, and most importantly get ready to get back to work. We really need you right now." He said fixing his suit.

He's right. This may hurt me but I can't imagine how Ri feels.

I gotta be there for her.