𝐅𝐀𝐌𝐈𝐋𝐘 𝐀𝐅𝐅𝐀𝐈𝐑

TW: mentions of sexual assault & abuse. Read with caution.

***

***

"Are you sure you want to do that?"

"Why wouldn't I? It's not like you'll do something."

...

"You must not know me then,"

***
MJJ PUBLISHING COMP.

Aavya had this grand idea of going up to Michael and the woman and not only going off on Michael, but throwing the woman out of her chair. However, she was paralyzed.

She felt paralyzed and couldn't move because of the way Michael and the woman were interacting with one another. The occasional hand on the shoulder, laugh in the face, genuine happiness and excitement, the whole nine. It felt familiar. All too familiar.

Like how she felt when she was first hired.

It finally dawned on her that she had been replaced and was feeling jealousy and betrayal boiling in the deepest of pits within her being. She didn't think that he'd go to the extent of replacing her, but he did.

And the woman was so beautiful that Aavya understood why he replaced her with her. She had beautiful 4A curls that fell just above her shoulders and framed her face perfectly. Her skin was deep, dark, and rich. Her smile lit up each inch of the room and her genuine happiness towards Michael showed how much of a beautiful smile she had.

Aavya felt threatened. The facade of confidence she had moments before when she walked into the building soon washed away as she noticed she was replaced.

Replaced...

The word made her body convulse in disgust and embarrassment to no dismay. She felt her shoulders slowly die down and her jacket that was covering her bruise had fell with her, so her neck was fully exposed.

"Aavya..." Briana mumbled, unsure of her next moves and decisions. Aavya felt her breathing pattern shake unsteadily as she tried to move. But she physically couldn't.

Briana frowned as the bruise was now showing on her neck and she ran her fingers across it. "Girl, are you okay? What is this?"

Aavya didn't respond and that pretty much already gave Briana the answer she didn't want to hear. Briana shook her head and grabbed Aavya's hand to get her to move.