𝐕𝐈𝐋𝐋𝐄 𝐌𝐄𝐍𝐓𝐀𝐋𝐈𝐓𝐘

tw: this chapter discusses topics of miscarriage, sexual abuse, sexual content, and death.

read at your own risk.

you are loved.

***
"Aavya, it's not your fault."

***

"Aavya, I'm so sorry this happened to you."

***

"It's going to be okay."

***
JUNE 10, 2012
CREEKSIDE ELEMENTARY
11:03

"Mei Moore!"

Mei happily walked upon the stage, her Mary Jane's dancing along to the rhythm and stride of her walk as she walked across stage at her kindergarten school graduation. Each child had on a baby-sized cap-n-gown, and all of them had the biggest smiles on their faces. Aavya, who was crouched down on the floor to take pictures in a tight dress and heels, wiped away tears as she took photos of Mei walking on the stage to grab her colorful diploma. Once it was in her hand, she fanned it around for everyone to see. Aavya then stood to her feet and clapped, cheering, amongst the other claps and hollers.

Mikayel and Markus sat with Kevin, cheering for Mei, away from Aavya. Aavya was only on the floor to get pictures. When she walked back over to their seats, she took a seat and wiped her tears.

"Mama, why you crying?" Markus asked, his concern for his mother growing. Aavya glanced down to him, wiping her tears.

"I'm proud of your sister," she said back, a smile fighting its way to spread upon her face. Aavya quickly glanced around the gym they were in looking for Tamera. She'd done that multiple times since the start of the ceremony. She hadn't seen her, she hadn't seen her in a really long time, and it just pissed her off to see that she was so much of a coward to not show her face at her own students graduation. Briana sat in the row in front of Aavya with Aaron and her mother. Briana held the pamphlet like a fan, considering the gym was sucking the life out of her and she extremely hot, and Aaron helped her by fanning her with his as well.

Kevin and Aavya's relationship was just rocky and uncertain. Kevin sat in silence at the graduation, not speaking to anyone but the kids primarily. He talked and joked with a few parents, but for the most part he remained silent. Aavya and him sat a good distance from each other. Markus, Mikayel, and Kevin's mother kept them from one another. Aavya was still upset and bothered by the events of the week before. He scared her, truly. No matter what, she always knew he'd scare her.

But, it didn't stop her from looking into a lawyer for divorce. She started looking after the miscarriage. Which was another thing taking a toll on her.

That night she called Michael, convulsing in broken sobs and painful sorry's. He was confused as to why she was apologizing, he knew it had nothing to do with their fight from earlier. Deep down he knew she had lost something. They rushed to the hospital that night, Aavya immediately taken in. She lost the baby—her guess from stress—but they never talked about it. He held her the entire night she stayed in the hospital, she cried heavily. The reason being, she felt at fault.

Michael never blamed her. He knew the risks, he knew she was put under stress. It broke him to see how damaged she was from it because he knew she wasn't at fault. She felt at fault. She never told anyone she almost took her life. She felt it was too personal for anyone to know. She never told Michael about what happened with Kevin. She never told anyone but Briana how she truly felt.