𝐍𝐄𝐄𝐃 𝐔 𝐁𝐀𝐃

authors note: like stated in the beginning of this story, i do NOT agree with everything said and done by the characters in this story.

warning: this chapter contains scenes of sexual content, violence, and mentions of abuse.

read with caution.

also, i had to split this chapter in two because of how long it would've been.

so no smut, i'm sorry <3.

***

MJJ PUBLISHING COMP

MJJ PUBLISHING COMP.
16:11

Michael sat back in his office chair as he filed through his papers for the masquerade ball. It'd been a peaceful afternoon for him and he was extremely grateful to be able to just sit down and relax.

He'd been keeping himself busy that entire day to ignore the ongoing argument and problems between him, Aavya, and Briana. Which is why he sent Briana home early that day to get away from her.

Michael wanted to reach out to Aavya so they could have a much needed talk, but he kept deciding against it because of how things were between them. He didn't want to provoke Aavya in any way, shape, or form.

Two knocks sounded on the door and in walked Xoe. She walked up to Michael's desk and crossed her arms.

"What's up?" Michael asked, setting his files to the side and seeing the full expression of worry on Xoe's face. "Is everything okay?"

"Are you okay?" Xoe blurted which made Michael frown, deeply.

"I'm sorry?"

"Are you okay? Like mentally since all the shit with you and V. Are you okay?" Xoe urged and Michael was worried because he'd never seen this panic wash over her face like this.

"Xoe, are you okay? Why are you so panicked?"

"Because I'm worried about you, Mike." She answered and she sighed, closing her eyes. Michael frowned and tilted his head while he waited for Xoe to continue. She continued, "I overheard the argument between you and Briana and you sounded heartbroken. Is everything okay?"

Michael rolled his eyes, before shutting them tight and shaking his head. "Xoe, I'm fine—"

"No, you're not. Why are you lying to me? I'm your best friend!" She complained and she scoffed. "You are so visibly not okay but you keep telling everyone you are."