𝐏𝐈𝐍𝐊 + 𝐖𝐇𝐈𝐓𝐄

warning: this chapter contains mentions of sexual assault. please read with caution.

this chapter also contains descriptions of sexual content.

***

THE ROAD07:02

THE ROAD
07:02

Aavya and Michael were stuck in the longest and most dreadful train of traffic the either of them had ever experienced. It was awkward for the both of them to even be stuck in the car for as long as they were because they hadn't spoken a word to each other.

Not a single peep.

Michael tightened his grip on the wheel and tried his hardest not to look over in Aavya's direction. He so badly wanted to talk to her about life, ask how she was, express his feeling of loneliness, and even ask her if she'd like to come back to work. But he figured since she just got out of jail that her priorities weren't on him or their situation and was more focused on what she had going on.

Aavya stared out the window with her arms crossed and she was biting back tears. Anger, aggression, stress, and confusion all fueled her body to no dismay because of how everything had gone down. She was so frustrated and confused that the only thing making sense to her was her going to jail.

Neither Kevin nor Aavya went to jail or were charged— they were both just taken to the station for the night to calm down.

Aavya felt anger boil in her body as she thought back to the entire situation. How he had managed to have an entire other family behind her back with their daughter's teacher who was one of her friends was completely beyond her. Even the faking of cancer.

It pained her knowing that she couldn't truly trust anyone.

Not even Michael.

The silence between them was peaceful, until Michael loudly sighed and pulled into the McDonald's drive-thru. He looked over to Aavya and spoke up. "You want some'?"

Aavya looked over to him and frowned. "What?"

"I said, 'you want some'?'. You been in a jail all night, I ain't know if you was hungry or not." Michael explained, to which Aavya just shook her head to.

"No, I'm good."

"You needa' eat." Michael said. "When's the last time you ate?"

Thinking back, Aavya couldn't remember anything besides the chaos that had happened the day before. Food was the last on her mind. So she replied, "That ain't important."