Chapter Eleven

Gerard's POV

Day two of Operation: Let Frank Have His Space was not going very well, first period wasn't even over, and I was already in a shitty mood, and I didn't have hopes that it was going to improve anytime in the near future.

It had started as soon as I woke up - late might I add, because I had forgotten to set my alarm last night. I had been too busy thinking about how I could fix things with Frank, and of course Mikey couldn't be a decent brother for one second and actually check in on me to make sure I was awake, I knew I wasn't the best big brother either, but I was so tired of him treating me as if I didn't exist.

Because of my delayed start, I hadn't had time for a much needed shower, which meant my hair looked even more fucked up than it usually did, bringing my whole self-esteem down along with it. I wasn't exactly vain, but when I looked good, my spirits rose considerably, and since I looked like a sack of shit today, I felt like one too.

Miraculously, I had made it to school on time, choosing not to linger at my locker for any longer than was absolutely necessary, because I knew Frank would turn up soon, and I didn't want to be tempted into speaking to him, especially not in the foul mood I was currently residing in.

So I had made my way to Chemistry slightly earlier than I usually did, slumping into my seat upon my arrival, not even bothering to pull out my notebook, because I had no intentions of paying any iota of attention today.

Of course I decided to lift my head as soon as Frank entered the room; I hadn't even done it on purpose, the desk was just getting really uncomfortable, it was obviously not intended to be used as a pillow, which made me seem like I had been waiting for Frank, which maybe I had deep down if I was being completely honest with myself, but I didn't want him to know that.

Not knowing what else to do, I cracked a small smile, because seeing him had been the best part of my shitty morning, and when he smiled back, I felt actual butterflies explode in my stomach at the tiny gesture. Maybe he wasn't furious with me after all.

I quickly averted my eyes, but I continued to watch him out of my peripheral vision as he made his way to his seat. He looked...different today, I wouldn't exactly say bad, because Frank couldn't look bad even if he was wearing a potato sack, but his hair was messier than usual, and his clothes looked rumbled, as if they had been picked up off the floor without a care given to how he appeared today.

I spent the rest of the class wondering if he was okay, even though I shouldn't be making assumptions based on his appearance; he might have just woken up late like I had, but something about him just seemed off, and that worried me, which was a strange sensation. I wasn't used to caring how other people felt, especially people I wasn't in a relationship with.

Frank just tied my thoughts up into knots without even trying, and it frustrated and astounded me all at the same time. I just couldn't understand my utter fascination with him; once he had rejected my kiss, I should have moved on to someone more up to my speed, but I couldn't, because Frank was special for some reason.

I wanted so much more with him then this maybe friendship, I wanted to know what his hand felt like clasped in mine, I wanted to run my fingers through his hair, I ached to tell him how beautiful he was, and I wanted to hear the same sweet nothings fall from his perfect lips, those lips that I yearned to kiss again.

I couldn't remember the last time I had wanted someone this badly, and I had never ditched class to seek relationship advice from Ryan before, which showed how unique Frank truly was.

My mom had been furious about that, I had neglected to remember that the school was going to call her about my unexplained absences, which had led to me being lectured for an hour about what a failure I was going to become if I kept this behavior up, even though this had been the first time I had skipped school all year, it didn't seem to matter to my mother.