Chapter Sixteen

Frank;

I walk happily into Starbucks, a little pep in my step. I've been looking forward to seeing Gerard since I got home, but I stayed true to my word and finished my homework before leaving.

When I look at the counter where Gerard has been every time I walked in here, a man I don't think I've seen before stands there. He's tall with a, not judging, huge forehead, and styled dark hair. "Hi, welcome to Starbucks, what can I get you?"

"Um, no thanks, I'm just here to talk to Gerard," I answer, declining the coffee. It's not that I don't want one of their wonderful concoctions, I just don't have any money with me.

"You just missed him actually," he replies, furrowing his eyebrows. "He was on break and when I went to check on him, he looked pale and sick so I sent him home."

"Oh..." I say quietly, wondering what made him sick. I saw him in hall passing before last hour and he looked fine. "Well, thank you."

The guy, Brendon according to his nametag, nods and smiles at me. I turn and leave, pulling my phone out of my back pocket, dialling Gerard's number. After multiple rings, it goes to what would be a voicemail if he had set one up. So, a female automatic voice fills my ear, telling me that a voicemail has not been set up.

I sigh and hang up, shoving the phone in my pocket. I want to walk over to his house and see if he's okay, but I might be crossing a line, coming off as overly attached after dating for a mere two days. Also, Mikey could answer the door and I really don't feel like talking to him.

So, I head back home and decide that if he isn't at school tomorrow, I'll call him or text him and visit him after.

The walk is just ten minutes, as I don't live far from the coffee shop. The entire time my brain is begging me to call Gerard again, just wanting to know if he's okay. I understand that my over thinking this is probably really stupid, but I just care.

The thought of him thinking I'm overly attached is what keeps me from calling again. I don't want to be that boyfriend, but I don't want to seem like I don't care. Maybe one call is enough. Right?

Holy crap I need to chill.

So, when I get inside and into my bedroom, I shed all my clothes except my boxers and lay down, just wanting to sleep.

*

Clearing my conscience and setting some of the worry aside, my morning brightens when Gerard knocks on my front door to drive me to school.

I open it and smile, letting him in while I finish getting ready. "So, why'd you leave work last night?" I ask as I slip on my converse.

"I just felt sick, that's all," he explains, leaning against the door. "Nothing important."

"Are you sure?" I ask just to be sure.

"Yes, Frank," he answers, walking towards me. "Don't sweat it. Is it okay if I kiss you?" I nod my head, obviously. Why would I reject a kiss from him?

He smiles and leans down to press his lips to mine in a short, light kiss, which only lasts three seconds. But who's counting?

After gathering my bag and jacket, Gerard and I grab each other's hand and walk out of my house and to his car. I'm not exactly ready for school, but anything is better than sitting in my bedroom worrying about, well, everything.

The drive is just a few minutes, so in no time we're both stepping out of Gerard's car and ignoring the multitudes of looks we relate receiving. I'm not exactly ignoring them, I notice them all, I'm just not letting them get to me. This is my relationship, I don't need their judgement.

Between all the hateful looks I see, I notice a familiar face that's way more intense than any other. It's Pete and he is glaring daggers at Gerard and I's intertwined hands. His face is scrunched up in spite, but more than that he looks like he just got done crying. I mentally remind myself to ask him what's wrong when I get to lunch.

We pass through the parking lot and enter the building, walking straight to my locker. "So, do you know why Pete looked more pissed off than usual?"

He leans against the neighboring locker and scratches his hair a little, "Um, I don't know. I mean, yeah, I don't know.."

"Uh, okay?" I respond, confused. He's never really stumbled on his words like that. He's not that kind of person, so it's odd seeing him like that. I pass it off though, maybe he's still a little sick?

"Let's go to Chemistry," he states, pulling me by the hand towards our Chemistry class even though we still have near twenty minutes until school starts.

*~*~*~*

Sorry this is short, I ready didn't know what to write ???

I love you guys and I promise my next update will be longer.

xoCrashFire