Chapter Nineteen

Frank's POV

I pulled away from Gerard's kiss after a few seconds, hoping that I had been able to reassure him that he could trust me, and maybe he would finally tell me what the hell was tearing him up inside, but I should have known better than to think he would give in to me that easily.

Instead of sitting back and talking like I had been expecting, Gerard tugged on my arm gently, pulling me into his lap with ease as his sketchbook tumbled to the floor, completely forgotten by the both of us.

In my shock, I didn't react straight away, and during my time of inaction, Gerard took the opportunity to press our lips together once again, and I couldn't help but kiss him back, because as much as I wanted to get to the bottom of all this, I hadn't had that many opportunities to actually kiss Gerard. We were usually at school when we were together, and I always hated when I saw couples sucking each other's faces of in the hallway, so I didn't want to become one of them.

That wasn't to say we hadn't kissed quite a bit though, but they were usually just small pecks, nothing special, even though they were special to me, and I was enjoying being able to relax into his arms without worrying about anyone seeing us.

This kiss was different from all our other ones though; instead of the tender brush of lips that Gerard usually graced me with, this was more intense, needy, with a simmering fire burning underneath it that I found hard to ignore, but much to my surprise, it didn't scare me like I thought it would.

"Gee," I gasped when I was forced to pull away for air, and I almost lost my breath again when I caught sight of his face. His eyes were slightly puffy from his earlier bought of tears, but they didn't look sad, they looked desperate, like Gerard needed me to reassure him that everything was going to be okay, and I wanted to do that, but I had no idea how.

"I'm sorry Frankie, please," Gerard mumbled before leaning back in and stealing another kiss, and as much as I knew that I needed to end this so we could return to the topic of whatever was bothering Gerard, it was hard to stop him.

His mouth felt so good pressed against mine, like his lips were made for kissing, and I was soaking them up like I had been starved for them.

Gerard began to run his tongue lightly over my pressed lips, and even though I knew this was quickly escalating, I couldn't resist opening my mouth and letting him slip inside, and holy fuck it felt good.

I may be a virgin, but I had definitely made out with people before - still, that didn't prepare me for this. Gerard blew all of my previous kisses out of the water with the way his tongue explored every inch of my mouth as if he couldn't get enough of me, and I felt myself melting into him languidly.

Much to my embarrassment, a small moan left my mouth, and I felt Gerard smirking against my lips, but he didn't stop his actions; if anything, he only intensified them.

My skin felt like it was on fire, the blaze originating from the point where our lips met and spreading throughout my entire body. I clung to Gerard's waist as if it was the only think keeping me grounded, and I felt one of his hands wrap gently around my neck, deepening the kiss even further.

Time seemed to pause as we continued to kiss heavily, and I had no idea how long we had been here, or even what day it is. I probably would have forgotten my own name if Gerard wasn't whispering it softly every time we pulled apart.

I didn't know how to cope with the sensations I was feeling. I was flying, and falling, and drowning all at once, but I never wanted it to end. Gerard's kisses were perfect and everything I ever wanted, but at the same time, they weren't enough. I didn't want anything more just yet though, especially not when Gerard was still keeping things from me.