Chapter Twenty-Five

*tiny smut warning*

Gerard's POV

Frank was right not to trust our cooking skills - well, more like our preparation skills actually. Once we got the cookies in the oven, they turned out fine, but before we made it that far, Frank managed to cover the entire room in batter by turning the mixer speed up too high, and my mom had refused to help us clean up after that, leaving us alone with a shake of her head, and a promise that the kitchen would be spotless when we were done.

At least we had some fresh cookies to eat while we attempted to scrape the mess off the walls, which had turned out delicious by some miracle, and even though I usually despised chores of any kind, doing them with Frank actually made them somewhat bearable, and I found myself giggling softly for no particular reason.

"Hey - don't laugh at me, I didn't know that button would turn your blender into a freaking weed whacker," Frank pouted, throwing his rag into the sink when we were mostly finished cleaning up, ignoring the spots that were too high up for us to reach.

"I can't help it, you are such a fucking dork, not to mention you still have cookie dough in your hair," I chuckled, reaching over so I could grab the coated locks in my hand teasingly.

"You are one to talk, your hair is fucking nasty."

"Ugh...I need a shower again, I hate showering twice in one day," I grumbled, ignoring the way Frank rolled his eyes at me playfully.

"You are so weird Gerard, who doesn't enjoy a nice shower?" Frank asked.

"It's just...time consuming I guess, and then my hair looks all fucked up afterward - I don't know, I just try to avoid it until I have to," I shrugged, not really sure how else to explain my distaste of showering to someone who seemed to appreciate it so much.

"Like I said...fucking weird," Frank scoffed, but he quickly followed his harsh words by a soft kiss, which I leaned into gratefully. Frank tasted delicious, like cookies, and coffee, and a slight hint of mint, and I wanted to taste more of him, but I restrained myself, knowing that Frank probably wouldn't be willing to partake in a full blown make out session with my mom in the house.

"So that took longer that it should have, and I think I should probably head home soon. I have a lot of homework, and there is no way I'm going to be able to concentrate covered in cookie dough," Frank sighed when we pulled apart, and I had to suppress a groan of frustration.

"Are you sure - you can shower here if you want?" I asked, nowhere near ready to let Frank leave just yet, but I doubted he would feel comfortable enough to bathe in my house, still - I had to try and find a way to keep him here.

"Nah, I'll be okay, but can I get a ride? With my luck, someone will see me like this, and I would never live that down," Frank chuckled, and I nodded in agreement, grabbing my keys before following Frank out the front door and over to my car.

---------------------------------------------

Once I was home again, I headed straight up to my room, ready to get out of my itchy clothes, but I decided to grab a few cookies on the way before Mikey discovered them and ate them all. I sighed softly to myself as I pondered my relationship with Mikey; I didn't let it show often, but I really did miss my little brother, and I had hoped once he saw how much I truly cared about Frank that he would stop hating me so much, but that obviously hadn't been the case.

I knew I shouldn't expect him to forgive me easily, especially not after what I had done to Ray, but I had thought that he would see that I was changing, that Frank was changing me, but he really didn't seem to care. It was mostly Pete's fault, I knew that he encouraged Mikey to stay away from me, but even after everything I had done, it still hurt to have my baby brother hate me.