Chapter Four

Frank;

We exit Starbucks, smiles on our faces. As I let the burning liquid warm my body, my thoughts trail to the cashier— Gerard, or Luke Skywalker, as his name tag said. My mind has been doing that since I met him and it frustrates me. My attention isn't usually caught so easily. I don't even know the gorgeous boy. I know his name is Gerard, I know he's Mikey's sibling. Someone that unknown to me should not have all my attention placed on them.

"Frank, earth to midget," Pete says, slapping my cheek lightly.

"That's rude, us short people cannot control the vertically challenged-ness of our bodies," I inform him, sticking my tongue out playfully. We all erupt into laughter, probably a little louder than we should've.

"What's going on in that head?" Mikey asks, tapping the top of it with his finger. I look down for a moment, then take a sip of my drink, enjoying the warmth it gives me.

"I can't seem to stop myself from thinking about someone. It sucks, I don't usually get this hooked on someone after such a short time," I answer, not wanting him to figure out I can't quit wondering about his brother.

"And who might this be?" Pete asks, jumping in front of me and walking backwards so he's looking right at me the whole time.

"You don't know them," I answer too quickly to be a casual response. That was my inevitable mistake because Pete raises an eyebrow, giving me a look of pure disbelief.

"Franklin. We've lived here our whole lives, you cannot tell me that you know someone that we don't." He has a very true point, which makes my head start working for a response that would make him cease his interrogation.

"Peter, I never said they live here." I smirk to myself, knowing that this would have to be the final blow, this would have to make him stop.

"You didn't, but... When we first met you, your head wasn't in the clouds. We are not that entertaining to distract someone from an obsession. Plus, you said short time. I'm sure if they were from Texas, you would've known them longer. Spill." I groan in complete and utter defeat, realizing the truth behind his words.

"Fine.. It's Gerard.." I answer, knowing that this will spark some form of reaction from one, if not both.

Pete stops immediately, causing me to crash into him and spill my coffee all over my shoes. "Fuck, Pete, why did you do that?" I'm not angry, I just love these Converse.

"Please tell me you do not mean Gerard Way," he says instead of reacting to my question. The way he says the name reminds me of the way I say exercise. Pure disgust.

"You tell me, you've lived here your whole life; are there any other Gerards here?" I ask, sounding like a smartass. I couldn't help myself, though. Pete rubs in that he knows everyone and then asks me something like that.

"No," Mikey answers.

"What's so bad about Gerard? He helped me find my Chemistry class, he made sure I wasn't burned by the coffee, I mean, he seems pretty nice. Why is he so bad?" My defenses are getting up for this stranger and it's bugging me in a way that I'm, some how, okay with. Along with my defenses, my anger is rising as well. This is Mikey's brother and he is letting Pete say his name like a disease.

"If we tell you, you won't want to be around him. Ever," Mikey says, walking to stand beside Pete. "He's not really the greatest person in the world.."

"You act like you two are saints. I'm sure whatever has you holding some grudge against him isn't as bad as you are making it out to be. You act like he's a freaking murderer, just tell me if you want me to stay away from him so much." I'm getting really impatient. What's the point of telling someone to stay away if they don't have a reason to?

"Remember my warning from lunch?" Pete asks, giving me a serious look.

"'Steer clear of the slut'. Okay?" For some reason I cannot seem to put any clues together. Maybe it's because I don't want to think of Gerard, someone so nice, in that way.

"That's him. If you fall under his spell, he'll abuse your innocence and he'll ruin you. Ray? That's what he did to Ray. There was a guy who used to live here, Bob Bryar, he did that to him. Given, Bob was all for it.. He just didn't expect to get dropped so fast and hurt as bad." Mikey seems to hate his brother, the whole explanation was full of malice and I guess I can understand. I wouldn't be too fond of my brother, if I had one, if he just screwed one of my best friends and threw him/her away like garbage afterwards.

"You don't even know if he's attracted to me. For all I know, he could just be interested in being friends, and I wouldn't mind. With this whole town treating him and talking about him the way you guys do, I think he just needs someone to lean on. Maybe he's this slut you claim him to be because all you guys ever do is treat him like one." I'm trying to keep my calm, but from what I've heard I want to change their opinions on him. Doesn't everyone deserve a chance? Maybe Gerard has a reason for being this person.

"Not attracted to you?" Pete laughs, looking genuinely humored at my comment. "Have you seen yourself? You are basically a gay man's dream."

"What do you mean?" I ask, furrowing my eyebrows. I look down at myself, am I that obviously gay? That obviously submissive.

"You're what Gerard looks for," Mikey informs me, looking me over just as I had myself.

"I mean, look at you," Pete exclaims. "Skinny jeans, band shirts, lip piercing. Pale, innocent, attractive." Is this seriously what he looks for in someone? I just shake my head, refusing to believe that Gerard, if he is the slut they are making him out to be, would go for me just for my virginity, just because I haven't been used.

"Whatever guys, I'm going home," I mutter, shoving past them and speed walking down the sidewalk. How can they say all those things about him.

Thoughts of how my friends, who I thought were so nice and great to be around, could change their attitude so quickly into that of hatred, and just start telling me to stay away from someone because they aren't a fucking saint taint my mind. I mean, sure having a lot of sex isn't necessarily a good thing, but you shouldn't hate someone because of it.

I eventually make it to my street, watching as my house comes into view. I'm still fuming about the things they told me. I mean, yes, I'm glad they told me so I can take precaution for when I decide to talk to him. My human instincts are kicking in, making me want to do something everyone doesn't want me to.

Unless I find a reason to hate Gerard Way, I'm going to befriend him. And that is that.

*~*~*~*

Little bit of drama starting :) I hope you guys liked it!

xoCrashFire