Chapter Twenty-Seven

Gerard's POV

I slammed my fist against my locker in frustration, causing the aging lock to bounce in a manner that seemed mocking to my eyes. Frank was meeting me here any minute, and of course, I couldn't get my fucking locker open for the millionth time, which would inevitably make me late to class - again - which I really didn't mind, but Frank would also be tardy by association, because knowing him, he wouldn't leave my side until I successfully got this piece of shit to relinquish its hold on my stuff.

As I squeezed my eyes shut in agitation, I felt a pair of hands land on my shoulders, and for one second, I leaned into them, thinking that Frank had already made it back to my side, even though we had barely parted ways less than a minute ago, but then I realized that the person standing behind me was much taller than Frank, causing me to spin around rapidly as I tried to ascertain who was touching me.

"Jonathan?" I gasped, slightly surprised to see the boy, especially after I thought I had made it perfectly clear that I wanted nothing to do with him after his inappropriate texts.

"Hey - you look stressed, maybe I can help you with that?" Jonathan smirked, his hands still on my shoulders, making me shudder uncomfortably. I may have been desperate for physical attention, but after I had gotten myself off to Jonathan's words, I had felt dirty, and I knew that I would never be able to do anything with someone else that wasn't Frank, and the shivery feeling that was breaking out everywhere that Jonathan was touching me only reinforced my previous decision.

"I thought I told you to stop - I have a boyfriend, and I don't want you, so please, leave me the fuck alone," I snapped, shaking myself violently to dislodge Jonathan's wandering hands.

"Well yeah...but that was just through a text, and maybe your boyfriend was right there, maybe you were just lying to me to save you ass, because I know you want me," Jonathan pressed, his palms coming up to my chest, pushing me back against the locker in a manner I found slightly threatening.

"Please - go away," I choked out, an unfamiliar sensation causing my throat to tighten up and my body to shake nervously.

I never thought I would say this, but I was slightly afraid in this moment. In the past, I had always been the pursuer, and even though numerous people had obviously wanted me, I usually went for the quiet guys, the shy ones who waited for me to make the first move, so this experience was entirely new, and I hated it.

Jonathan was just so damn persistent, and I didn't know what to do in this situation; half of my brain was screaming at me to shove him away and storm off before this escalated any further, but the other half of me was paralyzed. I wasn't used to feeling helpless against someone else's advances, I was always in control, ever since Bert, and honestly - I was terrified, making it impossible for me to do anything besides for clench my fists and breath heavily through my nose.

"Nah - why would I do that when I can see how much I'm affecting you, you know you don't want me to leave," Jonathan cooed in a sickening manner, mistaking my panic for lust like the asshole he was.

Jonathan's hands continued to rove over my body, one slinking toward my waist as the other traced random patterns on my chest through my thin t-shirt. His touch made my skin crawl, and I actually felt like I might be sick at any moment.

"Please stop - I don't want this," I whined, trying to fight through my rising terror so I could retake control of this situation, but before I had a chance to do anything else, all hell broke loose.

Jonathan was suddenly shoved away from me, allowing me to finally breathe normally once his touch was removed from my body, but as soon as I saw who had saved me, all the newly acquired oxygen in my lungs rushed out just as quickly as I had inhaled it.