Chapter-2

Kian Turner

Nothing had ever confined me to one place. Nothing had ever stopped me from doing what I wanted. 

I had never stayed in one city, state, or country for long. I had always been jumping from one place to another, to live the life I had always dreamt of.

It was long ago when I had escaped from the burdens and obligations to satisfy others. And honestly, I never regretted it—not even for a single moment. I was independent, unrestricted.

I was happy with what I had become, what I had been doing, which I wouldn't have done if I had stayed back home. Now, after several years of commitment and hardcore efforts, I had gained success and mental peace. I had become a certified water sports trainer, rock climber, paraglider, and many more. In short, I have been living an extraordinary life.

Skipping college helped me find my true self. I did not regret not having a degree and a boring job, because I had been living on my own terms. I had been doing jobs that never stopped me from exploring the world and myself.

I live in present, never care about the future, and most definitely never dwell in the past.

Regardless of having almost everything, the only thing I wanted was more money. Because the expenses of traveling and exploring have always been high. Although I always managed in little, I could never say to additional money.

And my thirst for extra money brought me back to the land on which I hadn't set my foot in the last six years; San Francisco, my homeland.

One of my childhood friends called me back to help his friend escape from a situation. Yep, another of my profession, I help people escape from anything they want.

I loved this work the most because I was making money from some idiots on the planet, adding to that, it was fun and thrilling.

Wearing my formal outfit, I made my way into the wedding to help the groom to run away. Yep, it was the groom-to-be that wanted my help to escape.

Told ya I make money from idiots.

I shuffled through the crowd that had graced the event with their presence to witness the wedding—people that certainly had no clue they'd be heading back with the gossip of the lifetime. A smug smile slipped on my lips. These people didn't have a clue that the mastermind of the arriving buzz was walking in between them.

Whistling inaudibly, I made my way towards the groom's room, and without knocking, I barged in. I wasn't being rude or anything; I was informed to do so. Upon entering, I was met with my childhood friend Frank, who had called me for the task. He hugged me while grinning ear to ear and I embraced him cheerfully. It feels incredible to meet old friends.

We talked for a while before my eyes traveled to soon-going-to-be-runaway-groom, Joshua, who sat on the bed with his legs bouncing impatiently.

"Hey man, ready to escape?" I raised my eyebrows as I placed my hands on my waist by sliding the suit jacket aside.

"Y-Yes." Joshua's hesitant eyes and slightly trembling body exhibited the fear he had within him. Fucking pussy! If he didn't have the guts to do what he wanted then why bother doing it?

I found it annoying and couldn't keep myself from snapping. "You can't afford to be hesitant at the last minute, Joshua. Decided it now, you want out or not?"

"Hey Kian, don't be harsh on him. He's in stress and worried." I heard Frank say from behind.

My jaw clenched on its own, my gaze still on Joshua. "If you were worried then you shouldn't have taken this matter this far." Honestly, it wasn't my place to give any advice, I had never cared, but his lack of courage irked me.