Chapter-27

Mature 🔥

_

________________________________________

Aura Finley

The messy, closed storeroom we were in, flooded more chaos within me. For the first thing, I intended to get both of us out, but we were stuck, and secondly, my irritation towards Kian's foolish actions kept on increasing with every passing second.

While avoiding his calculative yet pleading gaze, I managed to find a carton, strong enough to tolerate my weight, and plopped on it with a heavy sigh, all this while, making sure not to make eye contact with Kian because I'd have blasted on him if I did. 

A few moments passed in unsettling silence when Kian decided to waver the heavy stillness.

"Aura..." His voice came out strong, yet low, probably nervous about how I would react, considering how mad I was. He knew it, of course.

However, I was in no mood to listen to what he had to say. "How did Rian manage to sneak you inside without the guards getting the whiff of you?" I questioned, looking into the void.

I heard the dangerously delicate whispers of footsteps he took towards me. He stood next to me and answered, "I climbed the wall and entered through the window on the second floor."

That had me snap my head up to look at him. "You what?" I was amazed rather than shocked. "How— how did you manage to climb that huge smooth wall without any support?"

His lips curved in an arrogant smirk. "You, of all, shouldn't be questioning my climbing skills and strength of my muscles."

Right. Of course.

Taking the moment as an advantage, he crouched down and stared at me, uneasy. "Are you mad at me?" 

I scoffed with a bitter laugh. "Mad? Add as many synonyms of it you can add, that'll do justice to how mad I am with you."

He grabbed my hands and gave them a firm squeeze. "Don't — Don't do that. Don't be mad at me. I did it for us because we surely wouldn't have left without the money. We both know what we work for."

I abruptly stood up. "Yes, it's money we work for. I am well aware of that!" I then turned to face him, only to find him slowly getting up straight from a crouching position.

"But right now, it's not our job I am concerned about..." I gulped in reluctance before regaining my confidence to say what I wanted to clear. I took a step closer to him but stopped at a hand distance from him.

"I am concerned about us, Kian. How is it gonna work between us when you don't respect me... when you don't listen to me...when my opinions don't matter to you?" My throat clogged up with emotion when I let that out. Dang it, I never knew I could get myself attached to someone so hard.

His eyes held fear as he frantically moved closer to me and held my shoulders. "Aura don't —"

I cut him off by swatting his hands away from me. "No, Kian, listen to me first. You make the decisions for both of us all by yourself and it doesn't sit right with me. I feel like I don't even matter to you. It's better we stayed strangers—"

This time I was cut off by him as he brought his lips down on mine in an urgent, short kiss. He cupped my face and raised it to have me look at him.

"Don't ever say that you don't matter to me or I don't respect you...because hell I do." He stated firmly, fury and hurt both dripping into his voice.

He loosened his grip on my face and his gaze softened. "I am not perfect—hell no one is. I make stupid mistakes. I make reckless decisions, yes, and yes, it was so unfair of me not to consider your opinions before making decisions. You can go all ninja on me for that, I wouldn't complain. But I wouldn't ever approve of the idea of us turning all strangers."