Chapter-23

Aura Finley

"Aura, wake up."

I whined when someone rigorously stirred me in sleep. To give that person a piece of mind who dared disturb my beauty sleep, I irritatedly opened my eyes, only to find dark brown mesmerizing eyes filled with merriment staring back at me.

I blinked a few times to adjust my vision and found a grinning Kian hovering over my face.

"Well, good morning, cheesesteak." His grin widened. "I'm sorry, but I'd have to cut short your hot and sensual dream about me because I have to show you something glorious."

Unintentionally, at the mention of the word glorious, my eyes traveled down his glory whose morning excitement was evident through his denim jeans. All the naughty stuff that thing did with me last night came flashing before my eyes and I felt my feminity pooling in heat again.

My eyes were trained on there when I saw his body vibrating and he dropped himself flat on the grassy soil, laughing like there was no tomorrow.

"Jesus, Aura, you're so damn naughty!" He suddenly came over to me and pressed me on the blanket with his body along with my hands held on the side of my face.

The mad smile still hadn't left his lips. "I wasn't talking about my glory, though, I'd love you to take the aroused matter in your hands and handle it your way."

My face flushed at the choice of his words. I had never been the one to blush frequently or easily, however, he would make me dip in blush just with his flirting skills.

"I...I..." I stuttered, unable to speak for myself.

"You are adorable." Laughing, he pecked my nose. "See, how your nose turned red."

Feeling utterly mocked, I narrowed my eyes at him and wiggled to have my arms free from his hold. "Move away, you flirtatious jerk!"

His laughter only intensified. "Alright, alright, I'll move away, but don't you wanna see what I wanted to show you?"

I stopped wiggling and glanced back into his eyes which were now twinkling with emotions, not amusement. He seemed sincere this time, so I again gave in.

"What is it?" I asked in a whisper.

His smile turned gentle. "Look on your left."

With my eyebrows creased, I turned my head to the left, and a sudden gasp of amazement left my throat when the sky blended in Rosey and yellow color with the evaporating darkness of the last night appeared before my eyes.

I pushed Kian off of me and excitedly jumped on my feet and rushed near the cliff. The sun had yet to rise. The slight arc of the sun visible above the horizon imparted a mild golden hue to the sky.

My smile knew no bounds. The scenery was marvelous and I didn't want to take my eyes off it.

I felt Kian circling his arms around my waist and he dropped his chin on my shoulder.
"Isn't it glorious?"

With my one hand placed on his arm that circled my waist and another gripped his forearm, I leaned back against him. "It surely is. Thank you, Kian for having me witness this incredible morning view."

"This is merely the trailer of what you'll witness when with me. Be with me and I'll show you as many beautiful scenes as you want to see. I can't promise but I'll try my best to fill your life with every possible adventure out there."

He whispered and I felt my heartbeat quicken. The life I had desired to live was being assured to be given to me, yet I had doubts. I couldn't get the heaviness out of my heart of what my parents went through.