Chapter-21

Kian Turner

Rock climbing with her was one hell of an experience. She was a torture to my manly organ all along while I watched her climb up and the passionate kiss aroused me like fuck. I had never felt my manly anatomy reacting so furiously when being with other girls in a long time. It was her.

Her gentle touch as she caressed my jaw with the pad of her thumb sent delicious shivers down my body.

"How did you get these scars, Kian?" She softly asked.

Thank the holy powers around us that diverted my mind to her question when all I wanted was to feel her skin against mine and dive into the bliss of sexual desire, which I knew even she couldn't resist.

"You really want to know?" I asked back as I let go of her face. It took all my willpower to distance myself from her.

"Yes."

I grinned. "Then be prepared to hear my sufferings as this is not for the faint of heart."

The time to reveal myself had finally arrived. This talk would be it. Either we would be parting our ways or we would end up together till we are alive. Although I would do everything in my power to have her choose the latter. I had begun to feel a connection between us and I couldn't let it slip away that easily.

I took out a blanket from my travel bag and spread it on the grassy area, then I grabbed her hand and had her sit on the blanket.

"What else do you keep in there? Is it four-dimensional or something?" Aura asked about my bag, chuckling, as she loosened the ropes from around her. She removed her shoes and helmet as well.

"You could say that. You'll be amazed to know what all I keep in it." I wiggled my eyebrows.

She tilted her head to look at me. "I'd love to know that but for now, I want to know you."

Removing my shoes and other gear, and sat down lotus-style across her. I pointed a finger at my face.

"This handsome face has suffered a lot. Watter current, violent sea creatures, rough and edgy rocks, concrete land, you name it, I have faced it."

As if not believing what I said, she pulled a poker face and crossed her arms in front. "If you don't wanna tell me just say it, why make up things?"

"Hey, I am not." I protested.

She eyed me suspiciously before firing another question. "What do you do other than planning escapes?"

I smirked. The moment to disclose about myself had arrived. Pushing myself up, I stood on my feet and spread my hands wider beckoning her to look at the night sky of San Francisco.

"This." I closed my eyes and inhaled the fresh air. "I travel the world to discover the hidden sights. I live the moment, detached from the bothers of life."

"What? I don't get it?"

I sat back down. "I am a traveler, Aura. Also as a certified water sports trainer and rock climber."

Uneasiness surfaced on her face which made me frown. Could she be thinking the same that Gemma did? No, I had sensed it, she wasn't like that. She would understand me.

"You don't have a proper job? I mean—"

Chuckling I cut her off. "You mean a nine-to-five job? Nope. I dropped college after my freshman year. The idea of having a degree and a nine to five job never enticed me."

"But a college degree is necessary, don't you think?" She questioned.

"What for? Grinding yourself day and night for something you don't enjoy?" I scoffed. "Aren't you grinding yourself for a downright boring job with a so-called degree in your hands?"