Chapter-5

Kian Turner

I get that she had an eternal fire within her and that she wanted to remain a Miss Goddy two shoes, but who in the freaking greedy world denies a handsome sum of money? She denied it so smoothly as if she was loaded and slept on a bed of notes. It was fucking twenty-five thousand dollars she denied right away.

Now, matching her furious walk, I followed her into the corridor, and when she found a secluded place to stop, she swirled with an attitude and glared at me.

"First thing first, have you been following me?" Was her first question, while, I should be the one asking what was wrong with that pretty head of hers.

"Why would I? I received a call just after you left the diner. I was shocked as much when I saw you sitting there. Small world isn't it?" I commented, resisting myself from smiling while looking at her fuming expressions.

"You-" Pointing a finger, she advanced towards me but I held my hands up and joked.

"Wait, wait, wait, you are not going to kick my ass as you had said, are you?"

With an angry sigh, her head gradually tilted in what seemed to be disbelief. "Why did I even consider having a conversation with you? I'm off!"

She tried to walk past me but I stopped her by blocking her way. "Alright, alright."

Now, I stood straight, having gravity in my expression. I had had enough of teasing. "Jokes apart, Why did you refuse the offer?"

She crossed her arms across in front of her and shrugged casually. "I didn't find her reason genuine."

"Genuine-?" I looked heavenwards in exasperation, then gave her a disbelieving look. "What do you have to do with her reason? Just do your work, take the money and leave. It's as simple as that."

She sighed and clutched the strap of her sling bag. "Listen, I don't know about you but I work under certain rules; my client must have a serious issue to run from. I don't help the brats. She wants to use us to fly to another country leaving her father's fortune behind. Tell me do you find this true enough? She's just playing with us. Would you leave if you were given such an opportunity?"

"After whatever you have said I would say, you wouldn't understand what it is to live a dream life," I replied with utter seriousness. I didn't give a flying fuck as to why Rian wanted an escape-I had never. But if whatever she had said was true, then I completely understood her; sympathized with her.

I saw Aura raking her fingers through her tresses gracing her face before she turned around just to look at me again. "Listen, I don't want to fall into the pit of trouble by agreeing to help her. Do you know who her father is? He will have us behind bars if he gets to know we helped his daughter flee."

I let out a humorless chuckle at her reason. "And you call yourself an escape planner!" I scoffed. "I am sure you must have been aware of the risks when you started doing this job, then why be a scaredy-cat now?"

Her eyes narrowed at me. Maybe I had said a bit too much, but reality always sucks. People generally tend to make their own realm of tales because they know the reality licks you to the core, leaving you dry as the Sahra desert. That's why a few splashes of eye-opening truth are necessary to remain wet and alive.

"I'm not going to give you any sort of explanation anymore. Count. Me. Out." Her icy glare could freeze hell, but I had already left the hell to make my own heaven. I wasn't gonna affected by her glares.

Running my fingers through my gel-styled hair as I shifted on my feet to look away. She was getting on my nerves.

"Listen." I held my hands before me, trying to make her understand the concept. "I've never worked in a team, but the situation demands us to work together and there's no way in hell I'd allow anyone to make me lose the money I have my eyes on."