Chapter-12

Aura Finley

The break time rolled by in a blink of an eye. And Kian kept asking for an apology throughout, however, I dismissed his every plea— like a judge in the court dismisses an appeal not worth entertaining.  I had ignored him so many times that for once I even forgot what he was apologizing for.

Since it was lunch break, Joy and Vinnie, escaped to spend quality time with each other and so did Mia and Rachel. Leo being the jerk he was, used his free time to gawk at the female guests. Ezra was packing the stuff which was not needed for now. Kian, well, he was nowhere to be seen.

Whereas I sat on the wooden bench under the shade of the tree with my notepad and pen in my hands to note down certain specific practical problematic possibilities of Rian's escape plan which may hinder the plan if not paid attention to. Those tiny elements were to be kept in mind and prepared for in case anything went wrong. But after writing a few points I ended up drawing random circles on the paper while watching people emerge in the wedding preparation and rush to and fro to meet the ends.

I was so lost in myself that I didn't notice when Ezra came and sat by me and snapped his fingers in my face. "Earth to, Aura."

My body jerked, making me come back to my senses. "Oh, hey." I passed him a gentle smile.

He pinned my gaze, then his gaze traveled to the mess I had drawn on the paper. "Is everything alright? I've been noticing you for quite some time; you seem bothered. Where were you lost if you don't mind me asking."

"I...I..." My gaze went past him, into the void. In all honesty, nothing was going inside my head; it was... blank. I was just lost in myself.

I looked back at Ezra. "Uh, nothing, just random stuff which doesn't need much attention." I dismissed his questions smoothly.

He seemed unsure, yet he gave in to my response. "If you say so." He smiled.

"Uh, Aura, I wanted to ask you something—" Ezra was cut off by Leo, who came and slammed his hand on Ezra's shoulder quite hard.

"Hey, Ez, let's go for lunch. I'm starving." Leo said.

"Done with gawking girls?" Ezra asked mockingly, looking up at him. This made Leo laugh amusingly.

"You seem offended, bro. You too can watch the sexy ladies out there, no one's stopping you. Who knows you'll find the one for you." Leo winked at him.

Ezra scoffed. "I don't engage myself with clients or anyone related to clients."

Leo chuckled sweetly and pinched Ezra's cheek. "Aww, our boy has some rules set for himself." Then he playfully punched his arm. "Have some fun, man."

I amusingly looked at Leo. "That means for you, fun is...gawking girls?"

He looked at me with the most innocent look he could put on. "No, Aura, not just that. Taking them to a quieter place, then making naughty noises is much more fun."

I made a weird face, then laughed mockingly. "God, you boys!  Does anything else other than this ever run inside your head?"

Leo frowned. "Hey, it's not like that. Girls do it willingly, too. It's not that they are being forced or anything. It's mutual."

"Well, no argument there." I raised my hands in surrender.

"Glad you understand." He beamed. "Now, let's head for lunch." He said to both of us.

"You guys go. I don't feel like eating anything. The breakfast today was too heavy." I responded honestly.

"You sure?" Ezra asked, standing up. I nodded my head with a smile assuring him I was alright. He was a sweet and caring guy whom I could not see bothered by anything related to me.