Chapter 49: Epilogue

"NamJoon, you managed to get here on this rainy weather. Oh, and little Mina is here too, hello cutie, want to let uncle SeokJinnie hug you?" the broad-shouldered man squatted down to look at the three years old girl hiding behind her father's legs.

NamJoon seemed exhausted as he patted his daughter's head, smiling at his old friend. He ushered his daughter inside, helping her take her shoes off, while her wide eyes looked in amazement at the house she has visited hundreds of times before, but each time she found out things were changing. To her, besides her own father, who seemed like a gentle giant, her uncles were funny giants, sometimes gentle, sometimes ready to tickle her until she laughed her lungs away.

Mina loved her uncles, but she would rather spend time with her aunties, each one of them treating her differently, but spoiling her nonetheless. Her favorite auntie was Lexy, of course, due to her energy, who together with uncle TaeTae, always spoiled her rotten. They always entertained her, from doing tricks, to actually taking her to new places to go on adventures. Kiki was the easiest to hang out with, as she always took her to the parks and taught her new things about everything she saw. And Aunt Marie, while she was always smiling, Mina thought she was too quiet, so as any other kid who wanted to play, always loved going to her and trying to make her play with her.

Whenever they would meet all together in a room, all eyes would be on the toddler as she would mentally choose who would be graced with her presence and blessing of playing with her. And while Lexy was her favorite to spend time with, somehow Mina always gravitated towards the oh-so distant auntie of all of them. Marie would only smile, bending down to pick her up, and hold her while Mina started asking her questions. It was like they were playing twenty questions, and only Mina would ask everything. Marie never seemed to mind or complain she is heavy, not as her mother did when they were spending time together, and while she was not loud and fun, Mina always chose her because she could rest easily in her arms. At least, for the three years old toddler, Marie seemed like the safe space for sleep, so in her mind, her auntie was associated with resting.

Looking around the newly decorated house, Mina walked to her own small chair and immediately sat on it, waiting for the tea to be brought to her, just like Uncle Seokjinnie has taught her. She was a princess when she was at their house, after all. NamJoon smiled as he watched his too mature for her own good daughter look up at him, her eyes sparkling with innocence. His work was tough, and having to raise a daughter on his own was tough, but he was glad he had such good friends, willing to help him.

Jin and Kiki were living close to his apartment units, owning a two-story house, and were soon going to be parents, as Kiki was seven months pregnant, and took a break from her acting career to focus on her child. She was in love with Mina, and could not wait for her own boy to be out in the world, so she could spoil it, and was already jokingly coupling Mina and her baby, asking NamJoon if they should plan a marriage for the future.

Taehyung and Lexy were living in the next town over, so they would be visiting every weekend, to see the precious princess, and make sure Kiki was doing good, especially when Jin was out on a filming spree. As for the others, they were as far away from them as possible. Almost on the other end of the country, but somehow still stayed together as a group. All of them worked in the same town, their work complementing what they were doing, so they were visiting when they could.

Bang Chan worked with Jungkook as trainers and physical therapists at a youth center, specializing in adolescents and children with health problems. Surprisingly, Marie was a youth counselor at the same center, taking on all the mental health problems therapy. Yoongi worked at an architecture firm in the same town, and Felix was a dance teacher at the youth center and the local school. It was interesting to see how close they were as a group, always jokingly roasting the other on something they did, or even retelling the event from a different perspective in case the other one forgot.