Chapter 34

"You know, you are acting a bit suspiciously, M, ever since you came out from the dressing room" Felix's voice washed over the loud playing music, making M stare at him. "Did something good happen?" he continued asking, grinning as he saw the blush slowly appear on her cheeks, knowing for sure it was not from her drink.

"Shut your trap, Felix or Chan might discover tonight you have a crush on him" she whispered angrily, hiding her face behind the glass she was holding in her hands. Her brain was still trying to process the fact that she and Yoongi almost kissed, or she thought he wanted to kiss her. From what she could know, he might have wanted to help her wipe the powder off, or hug her as congratulations for the magnificent job she did out there, even though he only saw the last few seconds of the play. He still caught her at the jump on the cliffs, right before Felix, who played her child as a grown-up, did the same thing as her character, trying to convey her insanity was passed down to him.

"Noona, nooooo" he immediately scrambled to cover her mouth, looking around in fear someone overheard her and might say it to Chan. But no one was interested in their antics or whispered teasing, too busy drinking and laughing about stuff they wanted to plan for the holidays, as they were rapidly approaching.

M could only roll her eyes at the young guy, still fearful to approach Chan and tell him how much he adored and admired him. She could not understand why, as Chan felt the same way about Felix, and she knew for sure she was not the only one who noticed. She wanted to comment something more about it, but she felt the entire teasing spirit run away from her body, her eyes locking with Yoongi's as he was slowly approaching her table. Her entire body slumped, not knowing how to react to the fact that he was coming closer, her mind jumping to the time he was in the dressing room, and he was getting closer to her, their lips about to touch, and her face exploded in a bright red, her brain malfunctioning.

"Noona, are you ok? You are a bit red...noona?" Felix asked worried, immediately taking his hand off her mouth in fear she was not getting any oxygen due to him. But when he looked around, to see if he could find one of her friends to help him, he saw what might have caused her catatonic cause, and grinned. He might be a bit of an air-head, but he did notice the basketball player come out of her dressing room after he told her to come out, and afterward, the blush rarely left her cheeks. So he understood what was going on now. And he retreated from the table slowly, noticing M did not even notice his moving away. He could only look Yoongi up and down, standing straight to look more menacing, and while he wanted to appear more manly and tell the guy to take good care of his noona, just one look from the shorter guy, his eyebrows raising slightly as to ask if Felix had something to say or ask, made him back away. Felix could only look at Yoongi's back, knowing he could never look as menacing and serious like in that moment when Yoongi looked into his eyes.

In reality, Yoongi looked at Felix wanting to ask him if M was alright or if they needed anything from the bar, but the taller guy just walked away from him. He was slightly confused but decided to go talk to M and ask her details about the group project while they were still left alone. Her glossy gaze and wide smile made him aware of the fact she was slightly tipsy, her cheeks flushing more when he came closer. Yoongi wanted to ask Felix or the others why they let her drink but stopped himself as he did remember it was a celebration, not only for the theater group, but also for their basketball team. Not long ago, the players joined everyone in the bar, and it became noisier and crowded. He hated places like this, where you could not think straight or hear anything, but M was still inside, and so were their other friends. So he tried keeping a low profile, talking here and there with his teammates, or congratulating someone he knew from the theater group. And then he saw M sitting at a table, all alone, looking around for someone. For a moment, he hoped it was him, but then he saw Felix approach her, and while he knew the younger guy had no feelings for her, it still annoyed him to see her smile like that towards him. And when he started getting handsy, he decided it was time to intervene.