Chapter 37

"So, are you planning on telling us where you and Yoongi disappeared for the entirety of the party and night?" Kiki asked, sipping from the cup of tea placed in front of her. Lexy was sitting next to her, holding onto a cup of coffee and grinning like she was the Cheshire Cat who just saw Alice doing something amusing.

Both girls were sitting at the table in M's room, watching the girl who disappeared for a night sigh. She was still in her fuzzy Slytherin-themed pajamas, although one would never think she belonged in Slytherin just by looking at her, reading a book she picked up at the bookstore to go with the Halloween feel. M placed the book down and watched her two best friends look at her with curiosity and excitement.

"Come on, M, don't keep us waiting. After Lexy's ear-deafening screech last night when she read the text Yoongi sent to the group chat, we all are dying to know every single detail. No one sends a 'gonna take M away from the party, might not return, have fun' text to just walk you home and for nothing to happen" Kiki pleaded with M, practically jumping on the bed next to the girl in pajamas. Lexy smiled, finishing her cup of coffee before joining the other two girls on bed. One look at the red-haired woman and everyone could tell she was tired, probably still needing some sleep, but the desire to hear everything that happened while she was partying with the group overtook the need to sleep.

Both of them held onto one of M's arms and were looking at her pleadingly, until she gave in, rolling her eyes. She almost wanted to pretend nothing happened, just to rile them up for a bit, but she was tired and happy, and she did want to share everything about last night with them. It was the happiest she felt in a long time and she wanted to let everyone know. Just that she was tired as she fell asleep early in the morning, due to her brain replaying everything that happened ever since Yoongi came to pick her up at the Halloween party. And the fact that she kept squealing in her pillow to not wake up her neighbors did not help with sleep reaching her until a long time after midnight.

But how could she start describing everything to her friends, from the way she felt when he held her hand, to his arms hugging her, keeping her close to his body, making sure she was warm and safe in his arms? There were so many feelings swirling inside her own heart, she could not decide which one to pick and concentrate on, or where exactly she could start. Even at this moment, she wondered if last night was just a dream, but the kinetic sand glass standing proudly and colorful on her nightstand was telling her otherwise. She blushed as she remembered the kiss, their first kiss, and their own confession about their feelings, and her friends squealed, knowing something did happen between the two.

Before she could tell her friends about everything, she let her own brain rewind the memories of last night. The feel of his fingers on her skin, of his lips on hers, his arms around her body, and their heartbeats matching one rhythm. The words they both uttered, and how perfect the moment felt, how she felt like she wanted to stop time on that one moment when he looked into her eyes, emotions swirling into their depths, the fire inside his soul blazing to reveal how intense he felt when she was this close to him. She only wanted to keep a picture of that one moment, or create an exact drawing of his expression when he smiled at her, starting small, barely visible, until his gums were showing, his entire face lighting up, out-shining even the moonlight bathing him in celestial light. To her at that moment, no one in this world looked more beautiful, more outer-worldly, or even happier than Yoongi smiling down at her. And she reciprocated that feeling. She could only hope her face mirrored his, expressing her own inner happiness of how everything turned out until now.

Even after they left the studio, still holding hands, walking close next to each other, the silence was comforting, not awkward. It was like everything fell into place, finally, and she could leave the weight of her pain behind, and she smiled. There were still doubts in her mind though, sometimes swirling to the front of her brain, prodding her happiness, stinging her heart, and for once, she felt brave enough to ask him upfront.