Chapter 36

"To be fair, if you are going to sacrifice me, please do it quick. I think I had enough dealing with pain this year" M laughed as she was trying to follow Yoongi's lead, the blindfold on her eyes plunging her into darkness.

Yoongi said nothing, just shook his head at her joke and kept walking, holding onto her arm and directing her body on where she should go. They were not that far away from the Halloween party they were at, and if anyone saw them walking around like that, they would probably think what M said was true. After all, he was dressed like a human-sized, black-haired Chucky, make-up done by Lexy, of course. And he was holding a fake knife in his hand. M was blindfolded and was wearing a green dress, blood smeared all over the material, white powder on her cheeks, making her pale skin look pasty white, like a ghost who just came back for vengeance. Scratches and wounds were painted all over her arms and legs, and her short hair was ruffled in all ways, sticking up in funny ways, but she did not mind, as long as she made her friends laugh.

"We are almost there." Yoongi said, his voice echoing in M's ears, and she was happy the powder was on her face, covering her skin from revealing the blush that was on her cheeks most likely.

Tonight so far was fun for her. She did not tell anyone about her birthday, though the group, besides Yoongi and Jungkook, knew about it, and she hoped no one bought her gifts. But all that went down the drain when they appeared one by one at the dorm, leaving the gifts there with her. Not like she could carry the huge box of hot chocolate she got from Taehyung anyway. And Jungkook's black bunny plushie holding a tiny carrot in its paws would not survive a night out partying, or being in a crowd without being touched by strangers because of its cuteness, just like the one who gifted it. The others got her smaller things, like NamJoon's book that was on her 'to buy' list, or Jin gifting her coupons for ten free spa days, which she knew she would share with her friends. The girls both got her gift cards for shops which she did not usually frequent, like the make-up store, but the grins on their faces told her they wanted her to use them for a renewal of her wardrobe in case of any potential dates. M could only shake her head at them both, but each of them got a hug and a 'thank you' from her, before going to the party.

Yoongi never showed at the dorms, catching up to them at the party. Everyone was staring at him, waiting for him to step forward and give M a gift, but he only held onto the knife, looking at everyone in confusion. M chuckled and shooed everyone inside the yard of the Halloween party, not caring much about the fact that he did not get her a gift. It wasn't like he actually knew about it, or was obligated to get her anything. Before she could step inside after the group, his hand on hers stopped her, his warm skin touching her slightly cold one. A shiver went down her back, remembering the evening on the bench, and she turned to look at him, waiting for him to talk.

"I..have prepared something for you...for your birthday," he said, taking a break now and then between words like he did not know what to say, or was embarrassed to reveal what it was.

"Yoongi, you really should not have. Just your presence here is good enough for me" M said, smiling, placing her other hand on top of his, holding onto his hand with both her hands. But he only shook his head, dismissing her words, and nodded with his head for her to follow him. She looked only once after her friends, but soon turned and followed him down the road, stopping when he did as well.

He could see the look of suspicion on her face when he got out the black cloth and handed it to her, but he only smirked, waiting for her reaction. She said nothing still, her eyes going from the cloth in her hands to the black-haired Chucky in front of her, her mouth opening and closing a few times, looking like a fish stuck on land, gasping for air. Her brain wanted to say something, but it did not know how to formulate the words without sounding like she was suggesting things.