𝑣𝑖: Jotaro's Nightmarish Dream

It was past midnight when Noriaki woke himself up, immediately thinking he was back in Egypt. However, after a quick scan of the room with Hierophant Green, he remembered where he was and who was beside him. All the previous day's events began replaying in his mind and he felt his face flush.

I can't have feelings for my best friend.

He stared at the ceiling. Images of Jotaro flashed through his mind, making him blush further. He remembered their trip to Egypt, how the ravenette went to see him every chance he could during his hospital stay, and how he had slowly opened up after the last year. He reached up to his ear, feeling the star-shaped stud earring. The more he thought about Jotaro, the wider his smile became.

But I do.

He laid there in silence for a moment more. Then he turned on his side, facing Jotaro. Just enough moonlight cascaded through the window, allowing the freckled boy to see the outline of the larger male's head, arms, and shoulders. Jotaro lay on his stomach, his arms supporting his head from underneath the pillow. Only half of his face was visible; the other half was smooshed into the pillow. He snored gently, his eyelids fluttering slightly.

Noriaki reached out with a steady hand, brushing Jotaro's silky black curls from his eyes. He traced his fingers down the boy's face, letting his hand rest on his cheek. Jotaro made a small sound but didn't move. The redhead let out a long breath and went back a couple of inches. In response, Jotaro, halfway between asleep and awake, grabbed for his hand and pulled him into his chest. The redhead exhaled lightly, his heartbeat speeding up.

"Don't leave," he mumbled into his hair.

Noriaki wrapped his arms around the tall male. "I won't, I promise."

·~•✯•~·

"Oi, Jojo!"

He turned around. Running toward him was Noriaki, smiling. "Wait up!"

He let the cherry-haired boy catch up to him. "Jeez, you walk super fast," he panted. "It must be those long legs of yours." He winked and jabbed the Kujo's arm with his elbow.

He smiled. "Heh, probably. Or maybe it's because you're so short."

He huffed. "I'm not short, you're just tall. Besides, what Japanese teenager's over a hundred eighty centimeters tall? You're practically a giant!"

He shrugged. "Whatever you say, Nori."

They walked into the school as a crowd of girls began surrounding the two boys.

"Good morning, Jojo~!"

"Hello, Kakyoin-kun~"

Noriaki waved at a couple of the girls, causing them to squeal uncontrollably, but Jotaro grabbed his wrist. "Don't give them any attention, Noriaki. They'll just want more."

He nodded, and that's when the scene suddenly changed.

Jotaro found himself standing on a cliff. Below him was a pit. Above him, straight in front, was a boy with bright red hair. Noriaki. He stood on a tall, thin pole, striking a pose. Around him, barely visible, was a web of shiny green ribbons.

Hierophant's barrier.

Noriaki looked as beautiful as always, but there was a fire in his usually calm lavender eyes. As if he knew he was about to be blown to smithereens, but he wouldn't go down without a fight. Jotaro looked up.