𝑣𝑖𝑖𝑖: I'm Afraid Of Losing You

Noriaki laid there in Jotaro's arms for a few moments, processing everything that had just happened. His hunch involving Jotaro was correct, so now what?

I have to tell him.

Even if I can't, I have to know what he thinks of me.

"Jojo?"

"Hm?"

It's now or never!

"I have another question." He sat up, keeping the blanket over his chest. "Something I've been meaning to ask you for a while."

Jotaro met his gaze, leaning on one arm. "Go ahead."

Noriaki's lavender eyes searched the taller male. He looked slightly interested, as if he knew what was about to be asked. As if he had been waiting for this question. The longer he looked, the more nervous the redhead became.

I can't do it!

I have to! Come on!

Noriaki fumbled with his hands, and his heart skipped a beat. He had always been so comfortable asking the Kujo basic questions, but this wasn't a basic question.

Jotaro laid there patiently. He had an idea of what Noriaki was going to ask him, but he wanted to hear it from his mouth instead of filling in the blank. And anyway, the redhead was adorable when he was flustered.

After what seemed like forever, Noriaki found his voice again. As shaky as it was, he managed out the risky question.

"Jojo, what am I to you?"

The ravenette thought for a moment. "You're my best friend," he answered bluntly, trying to keep his voice calm.

The word "friend" hit the freckled male like a punch to the stomach. "Oh," he mumbled, managing a smile through an incredibly pained expression. His heart dropped and he felt tears brimming in his eyes. He looked away from Jotaro's turquoise eyes. "I see."

The Kujo instantly realized his mistake. "Hold on, Nori, I didn't mean it like that. What I meant to say was I cherish you and I think very highly of you." Once he began, the words he had wanted to say for months kept pouring out. "I didn't think I'd ever want someone's companionship as much as I want yours. And when you're away, I miss you more than anyone or anything else. I've never felt that way for someone before. When I'm with you, I don't feel so . . ." He trailed off, trying to think of the word.

"Alone." Noriaki nodded. "I feel that way, too. I like you, Jojo. The way you talk and how you always get the job done. Your persistence and intelligence. Before we met, I thought I could go my entire life without a true friend. You helped me realize what I was missing out on." He smiled sadly. "I'm sorry for only saying it now. I suppose it was now or never, huh?"

Jotaro smiled gently at him, a smile only ever seen by two people: Holly, and now the redheaded boy. However, this one was slightly different. It was a genuine smile filled with genuine feelings. It made Noriaki want to jump for joy. Jotaro didn't smile like that for anyone else, and they both knew it.

Despite the cool air, the black-haired boy reached out a hand and held the freckled male's face with his hand. It was warm, and Noriaki leaned into it. "I like you, too, Nori," Jotaro said, his voice barely above a whisper. "I have for months. I was trying not to be obvious because I didn't know how you'd react. I didn't want to make my move and then lose you right after."

He laughed. "So much for not being obvious."

"You could tell?"

"A little, yes. Your face would go red whenever I talked to you, and it was even more noticeable because you'd hide beneath your hat."

A small blush made its way over his face. He turned away, unable to shield his feelings for the redhead. "Good grief. It's not my fault."

"Yes, it is." He smiled, reaching his arm out and holding Jotaro's face in his hand. "I don't think I've ever seen you like this, Jojo."

He looked at him. "Like what?"

He rubbed his cheek with
his thumb. "So open. I wouldn't say vulnerable because that makes it sound like I'm taking advantage of you, but I feel so much closer to you now. I always felt like you were someone I could talk to; now, I feel like you'll confide in me, too."

He smiled again, turning his head and kissing Noriaki's hand. He looked the redhead over, studying his features. His bright red hair cut into a mullet. His beautiful lavender eyes that Jotaro got lost in on multiple occasions. (He was even getting lost in them now.) His sharp nose, the almond shape of his eyes, his kissable lips. Everything about him was attractive.

Noriaki noticed his eyes moving along his face. "Am I pretty, Jojo?" he asked, half-joking.

"Hell yeah. Can I kiss you?"

He blushed, slightly taken aback by the directness of the question. "Of course," he answered, and their lips met. It wasn't a long kiss, but it was long enough.

They pulled away, looking into the other's eyes. Just for a moment, and for the next few hours, Noriaki forgot that he wouldn't be seeing Jotaro for a while. All he could think about was what was happening right now. He slowly became aware of the turquoise-eyed boy's hand on his waist and his own heart beating. He let his body move, kissing Jotaro again.

The Kujo could care less about going to a different college than the redhead in his arms. He just wanted to be with him in this moment and love him. He wanted to hold him and hug him and kiss him and just be with him. He wrapped his arms around him, keeping him close and kissing his head periodically.

Noriaki spoke after a while. "Jojo?"

"Yeah?"

"Will this stay between us?"

He tilted his head to look at the redhead. "Do you want it to?"

"A little bit. But if you want to tell someone then that's fine with me. I'm not saying I don't care, I just don't mind people knowing. All I care about right now is you."

He nodded. "I understand. We don't have to tell anyone just yet. You know I like you and I know you like me. That's all we need to focus on."

"And finals."

"I meant in our relationship, but sure, yeah."

He cuddled closer to the ravenette. "I could stay like this forever, Jojo."

He held him tighter, relishing this moment. "Me too, Nori."

Outside, the snow was beginning to lighten up. It would be a few hours before morning, but Noriaki would make it home safe and sound. They fell asleep on Jotaro's futon, only thinking about each other.

·~•✯•~·

A/N: about time they confessed. like geez it's already been eight chapters 🙄
also very sorry about lack of updates life's been kinda sus ngl

Word Count: 1163