𝑥𝑖𝑖: I Think Mom Knows

They sat in silence for a few minutes before Jotaro broke it. "So. What are we gonna do now?"

"We could always just stay like this," he answered quietly. He pulled gently at Jotaro's small hair noodle. "Do you want to know something, Jojo?"

"Hm?"

"I like these moments that we can have. Just sitting in each other's arms, enjoying the company. It reminds me of the crusade, when you and I would be sitting in the backseat." He kissed the taller boy's cheek and smiled. "I wish I had known how you felt, because I would have done something about it."

"Noriaki . . ." Jotaro began but cut off there. He sat quietly, letting the name of the one he cared about the most fill the room.

"Yes, Jojo?"

"I always liked your given name. It has a nice ring to it."

"Oh." He laughed gently. "Well, originally, I was going to be named 'Tenmei,' but the nurse misread the kanji."

"Really?"

"Yup."

"Could I call you Tenmei?"

"What?" he teased. "'Nori' isn't enough for you?"

"It's not that. I want something nobody else calls you."

"Fine, fine. Just don't wear it out."

"Good grief. I won't."

A knock sounded at the door. "Boys? Are you awake?"

Noriaki answered. "Yes. What's going on?"

She opened the sliding door. "Sorry to barge in, but Miss Fumiko is at the front."

He looked at the male in his arms. His eyes were dark and his grip was still tight. "I should probably get going, then."

Jotaro nodded, burying his face into the redhead's chest. Holly nodded and shut the door.

Slowly, the ravenette let go of the other male and sat back. He felt odd. He knew the lavender-eyed male had to go, he was going to leave eventually, but he couldn't help but want more time with him. "Good grief," he sighed.

"Did you have fun?"

Jotaro looked up. "I always have fun around you."

He blushed slightly and looked away. "Good. I'm glad."

"Did you?"

"Yeah. I haven't had this much fun in a while."

He smiled. "Want me to walk you out?"

He looked up. "Oh, yeah. If it's not too much trouble." He got off of the futon, smoothing his clothes down. Jotaro followed the redhead to the front of his house, catching sight of a red-haired woman in the driver's seat of an expensive-looking car.

Noriaki turned around, reaching out to the tall boy and wrapping his arms around his neck. "I . . ." He cut himself off.

Should I say it?

That I love him?

No, it's too early.

"I, uh . . . I'll see you tomorrow, Jojo."

He hugged the redhead in return, kissing his neck gently. "I'll make sure you do." He squeezed him tightly. "Don't hesitate to call me."

They pulled away. "That goes for you, too."

As Noriaki practically snowshoed his way to the car, Jotaro met the eyes of his mother. Noriaki looked nearly identical to Fumiko, aside from her hair pulled up in a bun instead of cut into a mullet. She locked eyes with Jotaro, frightening him for a split second before he realized he had nothing to be afraid of. She was smiling, a soft smile showing she knew her son was safe with him. Noriaki looked back at him, waving and grinning. Jotaro acknowledged him with a nod and a tip of his hat, heading back inside.

"Did Noriaki leave already?" Holly asked as he walked in.

"I think so. Why?"

She frowned. "I was going to give him some of our leftovers."

"I can take them to him. As long as they haven't left yet."

"Aw, Jojo! You'd do that for me?"

"Yeah. It's no big deal, Mom. Really."

She beamed. "Better hurry, though."

He nodded, sprinting outside. "Wait!"

Fumiko was just about to put the car in drive when Noriaki saw Jotaro running towards them. It was a sight to behold as his hat nearly fell off twice. "Mom, wait a minute. Jotaro's bringing us something."

She looked at him, then out the window. "Did you forget your sketchbook?"

"I don't think so. I only brought my school bag."

Jotaro tapped at the glass, carrying a plastic container filled with food. "My mom said to give you this."

Fumiko nodded as her son took the container from him. "Hi, Jotaro! Is that what you ate last night?"

The ravenette nodded. "Yeah. Sorry for the holdup."

She waved her hand. "It's quite alright! Thank you for the food."

He nodded again with a glance at Noriaki. "I'll see you later, okay?"

He grinned. "Okay, Jojo." He beckoned the taller boy closer then pecked his cheek, watching him blush. "You should get inside. Your face is really red."

He stepped back, smiling gently as the redhead rolled the window back up. Then a burst of cold air hit him in the face and he rushed back inside, shivering.

Holly came around, wiping her hands with a towel. "Did you catch them?"

"Yeah."

"You weren't out there for long, Jojo, why's your face so red?"

"Nothing, really. He kissed me in front of his mom, but that's about it."

Holly smiled. "Oh, Jojo, that's great! He's comfortable enough with himself and his relationship with you to show it to Miss Fumiko!" She hugged him. "I'm so happy for you, sweetie."

He smiled, hugging the blonde woman in return. "I can't wait to see him again."

"I'm sure he can't wait to see you, either. Are you going to call him?"

"I told him to call me when he gets the chance."

"Then it works out! In the meantime, would you help me clean up a bit around here?"

"Sure, Mom."

·~•✯•~·

A/N: sometimes I forget this book exists 💀

Word Count: 962