𝑥𝑖𝑣: I'm Really Going To America

Jotaro slaved over his algebra notes. He knew he and Noriaki should have done some more studying, but he justified their lack thereof with distraction. The oldest excuse.

The redhead had long since gone home, and Jotaro waited in patient agony for his call. He sat at the phone for an hour and a half before Holly made him get up and do something with himself. So he made his way to his room to study, but he had forgotten how terrible he was at math. Now, three hours later, he sighed in exasperation, running his hand through his black curls. Star Platinum emerged next to him, picking up the paper and trying to read it. He held it upside down and sideways before throwing it down, muttering, "Ora ora," in frustration.

I wish Noriaki was here.

He looked out the window, watching the snowflakes dance along the sky. The peacefulness sent a sudden calm throughout him, making him miss his freckled boyfriend even more.

Will I see him again after this year?

The thought made him worry, and Jotaro didn't usually worry. He was a go-with-the-flow kind of guy, going with things as they came. However, none of those things typically involved the man he loved leaving him.

He ran his hand through his hair again, looking at Star. The Stand looked right back at him, the bored expression on his face perfectly encapsulating Jotaro's mood. "Should I call him?" Star perked up, nodding. The Kujo smiled and got up, pulling his door open and making his way through the maze.

". . . Okay, Papa. I'll tell him," he overheard. "He's in his room now. Yes, of course. I love you, too." She hung up, sighing heavily and holding her head in her hands.

Jotaro emerged into the room, glancing at his mother with a concerned look on his face. "Mom? What's wrong?"

She looked at him and was instantly brought to tears. "Oh, Jotaro, you didn't hear any of that, did you?"

"What's going on."

She went to him, hugging him tightly. "I'm so sorry, sweetie, I didn't want you to find out like this."

"Find out what?"

"You're off to America two weeks after you graduate. Papa's already worked out all the details. He's paying for the flight and everything."

He put his arms around her, unsure of whether he should say he already knew or not. "Mom, it's alright. I sort of already knew."

She looked up at him. "What? How?"

He reached out a hand, wiping some of her tears away. "Noriaki and I had a conversation last night after I overheard you in your room."

She took a deep breath. "Oh, my goodness, Noriaki! How did he take it?"

"I think he took it about as well as he could. He wasn't very angry, he was just sad."

"Oh, Jojo, I hope this doesn't tear you two apart. You work so well with him."

"I promised myself I wouldn't lose him again, and I'm gonna keep that promise."

She hugged him again, tighter this time. "I'm sorry, my dear. I wish things were different, really. I don't want you to lose him because of me and your grandpa."