+ chapter four +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

The next day, Alexa woke up and looked around the room groggily. It was strange for her; she would sleep more comfortable on the bed Xander had given her, than in the bed Seth had gotten for them. She would be lying if she said she'd miss that bed.

She slowly sat up, allowing her head to adjust to her surroundings and then walked over to the window. The sun was shining through softly, but the green curtains moderated the yellow rays. Pulling the curtains back, she let out a deep breath and closed her eyes; enjoying the warmth of the sun.

Alexa continued looking out the window in wonder, loving the way that everything before her seemed to be taken out of a picture. It was truly breath-taking; the sun was slowly rising, illuminating the beach below and added orange coloured hues to the water.

A couple of seagulls flew over the water, diving in to catch their food and then continued flying away. She let out a yawn, walking away from the window and made her way into the bathroom. After rinsing her mouth and splashing water on her face to awaken herself, she tied her unruly hair into a sloppy ponytail and walked out to the kitchen.

Her stomach grumbled loudly, resembling a wild zoo and she groaned opening and closing cabinets to find something to eat. After a long while, she finally found bread and jelly spreading. She hummed to herself quietly, surprisingly feeling content as she smeared strawberry jelly on her slice of bread.

Noticing that it was still early and Xander was nowhere to be seen, she realised that it could be a good time to communicate with Seth and tell him where she was. Although, she didn't know the location herself...

Alexa began rummaging through the drawers, hoping that Xander had been dumb enough to leave it in the drawers. At that moment, she didn't know who was dumber; him for not leaving it out or her for thinking he was dumb enough to leave it out.

"Where the heck did he put it?!" She hissed through her teeth, but not loud enough for anyone to hear her.

She gritted her teeth, anger coursing through her when she came up empty-handed. Before she could go around the house to look for something to use for communication, Xander entered the kitchen.

He had a white towel wrapped around his waist and was using another one to dry his hair. Alexa widened her eyes, almost dropping her sandwich at the sight of his body. Not only was it extremely toned, but his tanned skin was embellished with intricate tattoos.

Droplets of water ran down from his hair, over his broad shoulders and down his chest and she gulped, tightening her hold on the butter knife. "Good morning," he said softly, his voice coming out deep and husky.

But she didn't reply; instead she coughed out and munched on her sandwich, to justify not answering him.

Xander raised his eyebrow questionably, shaking his head and placed the towel on the granite countertop before walking over to the fridge. He grabbed the orange juice, pouring some in a glassed cup and then grabbed a large granola bar. "Did you sleep well?"

"Mm," she nodded, feeling a blush fanning over her cheeks when he caught her looking at his abs. He couldn't really blame her, tattoos were her weakness and a toned body just made it all the better.

"Are you alright?" He frowned, opening the granola bar.

Alexa nodded again, knowing that if she spoke, she'd make a fool of herself. She continued eating, almost swallowing the entire sandwich before she had even swallowed the first bite.