+ chapter twenty-four +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2016 Luna Black

~*~

Alexa snuggled up closer to his chest, taking a deep breath and whispered, "Can you stay for the night or is that not possible?"

Xander nodded and placed his other hand around her too. "Yeah, I can. However, I have to leave early in the morning."

"I'll work with what I get," she sighed, listening to his heart beating steadily. "Xander?"

"Mm," He murmured.

"I love you." Her tone of voice was strong in the sense that she meant it, but it was barely a whisper because it seemed to burn her throat as it left past her lips. The reminder of loving him and not being able to be with him burned her insides like oil and flames. "I know I've said it a bunch of times, but it literally feels like I haven't said it enough. I just want you to know that I do; I love you with every fibre of my being."

She sat up, turning her body to face him and pushed her damp hair behind her ears. "It feels like this bubble inside of my chest that needs release; it's threatening to shatter every bone in my body if I keep that feeling to myself and it scares me. I feel like I need all eternity to be able to get rid of this freaking bubble, but we only have today and it terrifies me."

Xander sat up as well, cradling her cheek in his hand and said, "Ti dan isuli."

"Ti what?" She grinned, wiping her teary eyes.

"It means you are very beautiful. Your soul, your personality – you – are beautiful, Alexandra and I am in awe at your beauty. Ti a mé llo."

She leaned her cheek closer to his hand and said, "I honestly have no clue what you just said, but you sound so sexy speaking that way that I don't care what you say."

He chuckled, tucking a strand of hair behind her ear. "It literally translates to you have my heart. You have taken every bit of me and claimed it as yours." He inched forward, brushing his lips against hers until she could feel them buzzing with electricity. "When you confess your love for me, something inside of me stirs and it makes me content; thank you for that."

Alexa grinned against his lips, tilting her head slightly to the side so that their noses wouldn't separate their lips. "I hate my name, but when you say it, it sounds sexy as hell."

His smile widened, the dimples on his cheek growing and he said, "Your name in my planet means strength; you are my strength."

"I don't know," kiss, "what it means here," breathless kiss, "and I honestly don't care; you make it sound hot." She pressed her forehead against his and smiled. He made her so happy; his presence had thousands of effects on her.

Xander gave another light laugh and shook his head as he pulled them back on the bed. He wanted to feel her pressed against every inch of his body.

"What does your name mean?"

"One who brings light; saviour," He shrugged his arm with indifference. "My parents were big believers in strong names. I guess they thought that I would save someone one day."

Alexa pursed her lips, playing with their entwined hands and said, "Does my heart count?"

"Pardon?" He frowned.

She grinned cheekily, glancing up at him and said, "Does saving my heart count as you being a saviour?"

He laughed at her cheeky grin and kissed her temple. "I would believe so."