+ chapter twenty-two +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

Xander breathed in deeply, tightening his grip on the cool chair. The rage he felt was consuming him, making him blind and bitter. At that moment, he would've committed a lot of things he would have regretted in the future.

But at that moment, it seemed reasonable.

He wanted to pay a visit to the President of the United States and rip his limbs apart; one. By. One. He wanted him to suffer the pain he was experiencing at that moment.

Although, Alexa wasn't dead, it felt like it. He wouldn't be able to see her beautiful face any more or hear her contagious laugh; all because some unsatisfied, greedy humans.

The General entered the room, glancing at him quickly and sighed, "You are starting to think like them, Xander."

He snapped out of his macabre reverie. "Thinking like whom?"

"The humans," The General replied, placing his battle armour on the table, "do not stoop to their level."

Xander nodded, looking down at the floor with shame and quietly said, "They took her from me and there was nothing I could do to stop it. I could simply watch and try to reassure her that everything would be alright."

"I apologise, son," he sighed, "but there is nothing we can do now."

"We can try to-"

He held his hand up, shaking his head and said, "Do not bring it up anymore, Xander. My decision is final; the females are not leaving with us. We do not know the consequences of them entering Xrion. Their radioactive atmosphere kept them protected from the sod-virus, but what if they become contaminated with something else? We cannot risk it, Xander."

"We are leaving them to fend for themselves!" He hissed through gritted teeth, "They might die in our planet from disease, but they will die here from the curiosity of their stupid people!" Xander took a deep breath, running his fingers through his hair and turned away from the General.

He had never spoken to his superior with that tone of voice; it was punishable by dishonour and discharge from his position. But the General understood his pain.

"I," Xander began quietly, "I gave her a tacto so that we can make sure they are unhurt. The other half is on the table; you may turn it on, if you wish."

The General nodded, looking down at the glass table and watched as the silver pendant began to glow a dim yellow colour. It meant she was near danger or extremely nervous.

Xander turned to look at the tacto and gritted his teeth. Punching the puny human that insulted Alexa plenty of times would never suffice his satisfaction; his hands still itched to shatter his skull with his bare fingers.

"It is not red; she is alright," The General assured with a small smile.

He nodded, sitting down to try and calm himself. Alexa wouldn't want him to be so violent; especially not towards her people. He needed to remind himself that they were leaving the planet because of the love the men had grown for the human females.

The sudden movement of the General's hand snapped him out of his thoughts and he frowned up at him. "What is it?"

"Nothing," he quickly replied, tightening his hold on the tacto.

"With all due respect, General Jenks," he began quietly, standing up from the chair, "there is something wrong and I want to know what it is."