+ chapter sixteen +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

"Lieutenant Xander?"

He turned around, frowning and apologised to his squadron for the interruption. "What is the matter, Finn?"

He cleared his throat, bowing his head in respect and quietly said, "Lieutenant Dram requests your presence in Field Three."

Xander frowned and said, "I am in the middle of a training session. Do you know what he wants?"

"It is about your partner; Ms. Alexandra Dominick?"

He tensed his shoulders, clenching his fists at his sides and gritted out, "What did he do to her?" The man opened his mouth, but Xander held his hand in the air and said, "Never mind." He turned to his regiment and said, "An emergency has come up, I leave you in the charge of Tomasz."

They nodded, widening their eyes at his sudden change of humour, but turned to look at his second in command. Xander took a deep breath and quickly transported himself to Field Three, ready to crack Dram's skull open if he had hurt Alexa.

His heart was pounding in his chest. His hands for the first time, in twenty-five years, were sweating nervously and he was willing to lose his temper. But he controlled himself and waited for Dram to explain himself.

"What did you do to her?" He seethed, frowning as he realised that there were no women in the field. His entire group of females were gone.

Dram narrowed his eyes, cleaning the blood on his pants and said, "I did nothing to Alexa."

"Then, where is she?" He raised an eyebrow, turning his attention back to him.

"At the XISC; we just sent her there."

Xander gritted his teeth with so much force it almost shattered them. "What happened?"

He ran his fingers through his hair and sighed, "We were jogging around the field before we got the weapons and she stopped running. I ran to her to ask her why she had stopped and she started bleeding from her nose. She started coughing and holding her chest as if she could not breathe. Then fell to the ground. I sat her up because she seemed to be drowning in her blood and she passed out." He gulped, "The rest of the women started passing out too."

"Is she alright?" He gritted his teeth, glancing down at his watch then back at Dram.

"Sorry, Xander, I am not sure. She hit her head on the gravel when she fell, so I am not sure. You are going to have to-"

He was gone before he finished his sentence. Dram rolled his eyes and walked back to his troop.

Xander scanned his hand on the entrance before quickly running into the room and frantically looked around for any Doctors who were willing to give him answers. But the XISC seemed to be in chaos with different men running around looking for their partners with as much hysteria as he felt.

"Dr. Naveer!" Xander grabbed him as he ran around with a clipboard. "Where is Alexa?"

"Xander?" He frowned, looking down at the blue images, "I-I am not sure. There are too many women in the hospital for me to know exactly where she is."

"How can you not know where she is?!" He growled, his hands shaking in anger, but he tried to remain as calm as possible. "Is there someone who does know?!"

"I apologise, son," he sighed dejectedly, "but we have most of the women coming in with strange sicknesses. I would allow you to look through the rooms, but the General strictly said not to let anyone roam around."