+ chapter eighteen +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

After the women were dismissed from training, Alexa thought her stomach was going to eat itself. She was so hungry she thought she would throw up. How the two were correlated to each other was a mystery to her.

When she got home, Xander was nowhere in sight. At the realisation that she would be alone for a while, she pouted and headed towards the fridge. She was so hungry that she thought she would pass out by the time she was done cooking, so she decided to order some pizza and ate an apple to sate her beast for the time.

Alexa grimaced at the feel of her sticky hands and decided to take a quick hot shower. After all the exercising and running she had done, that would be the only way she would be able to relax.

She hummed happily as she rummaged through her drawers for comfortable clothing and let out a little cry of triumph as she grabbed a white T-Shirt with boxers. It was beginning to get a little hotter than usual in the island and if she could walk naked around the house without Xander judging her, she would.

"So please don't judge me," she sang, opening the faucet, "and I won't judge you. 'cause it could get ugly, before it gets beautiful."

After the hot water began pouring over her, she continued singing to Chris Brown's Don't Judge Me as if she were auditioning for the X-Factor and used her shampoo bottle as her microphone.

"I don't wanna go there," she shimmied her shoulders, washing the shampoo off her hair; "we should never go there, damn. Why you wanna go there? I guess I gotta go there." A giggle left her lips as she added sound effects with her hands and continued showering.

"You're hearing some rumours about me and saw some pictures online," she hummed the rest of the song as she dried her body with her towel and danced out of the bathroom with her dirty laundry.

Once she threw the clothes in the hamper, she walked out to the living room and smiled in surprise at Xander.

"Hey!"

He chuckled, looking up from the holograms on the kitchen table and said, "Hello, mielle. Did you have a pleasant shower?"

She nodded, walking over to him as she towel-dried her hair and pressed a soft kiss to his cheek. "What are you up to?"

"Just finish reviewing some papers your President sent us. Do not worry it is nothing serious."

Alexa raised an eyebrow, but shrugged, not feeling curious enough to know more of the subject. "How was your day?"

Xander turned to face her and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him. "Splendid; yours?"

She placed her arms around his neck and kissed the tip of his nose, making him smile. "It was pretty good. I kicked some dude's äss."

"Oh, really?" He laughed. "Who did you fight?"

Her fingers twirled the small hairs on the nape of his neck and she said, "Some guy named Justin."

"That is great," he kissed her temple gently. "I am glad you had a good day."

"Mm. What about you? What did you do?"

Xander shrugged, rubbing his thumbs on her thighs gently. "Nothing much, I taught the women how to hold a gun properly and we will begin practising with them this week."

Alexa pouted. "That's not fair! We just got the stálos today!"

He laughed, his eyes wrinkling at the sides with happiness. "I apologise, mielle, but my squadron is a bit advanced."