+ chapter twenty-three +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

"Did you get in touch with your brother?" Alexa asked quietly, trying not to look suspicious as they ate the temperate food from the foam trays.

Jess nodded and glanced down at her tray as a couple of guards walked by them. "Yeah, they're already waiting for us in the port. They even offered to send some guards with us to the hotel and your mom's house."

"Are you serious?" Alexa widened her eyes, "That's great! What do we have to do in return?"

"Nothing," she beamed, "when I told my brother that it had to do with Parkinson & Associates he was more than willing to help. Apparently Parkinson overcharged him for a legal case and buried him in jail for ten years. Luckily my brother managed to get evidence that proved the cargo wasn't his. Anyways! What I'm trying to say is that he really wants to kick Parkinson's ass."

Alexa smiled inwardly, lowering her eyes when a guard raised his eyes at her. They were making the girls feel like prisoners, but in a couple of minutes they would exit the ship and be somewhat free.

She had contacted her mother and told her she needed a couple of spare rooms and money from her trust fund to be able to afford the hotel. The girls were already checked in the hotel, they just needed to show up and keep to themselves until they found a way not to be used as test subjects.

To think that all of the planning after they reached the mainland have been achieved by flashing a guard their breasts was comical and quite sad. Those guards needed to get laid.

Seth entered the room, his eyes falling on Alexa and he glared at her as he limped towards the middle of the room. "We will be reaching the port in a couple of minutes. Once we reach the port, we will be taking a couple of cars that will take you back home. The guards will give you a number and that's the car you will be taking."

Jess snickered quietly, biting into the sad excuse for an apple and Alexa gave a quiet laugh. Every time she saw him limping, a part of her lit up in excitement. She was about as happy as a turkey that survived Thanksgiving Day.

"After they give you the number you may move towards the upper deck. Am I understood?" They nodded quietly.

Once he was gone, the eight women that Jordan and Alexa had chosen to be leaders stood up and began standing near the women in their groups. Since Alexa only had four women with her, the remaining girls were distributed amongst the other groups.

After Jess flashed the imprudent guard, Kelly stole the phone in his pocket - she had been sent to jail for pickpocketing - and they managed to make the calls necessary. Most of them felt exhilarated and full of adrenaline; if all felt like they were part of an unscripted movie.

"My brother will have ten black Hummers waiting for us at the port. He even has armed men just in case something happens."

"Good," Alexa stood up taking the number a guard handed her, "I'll see you girls later?" They all nodded and began walking towards the upper deck in a file line. Jordan nodded hear head once; giving her the "clear" signal and soon they were all standing around armed men.

Surprisingly, none of them felt afraid. They were all filled with anger and adrenaline; they were ready to fight for one last time.

The fresh cool air greeted them swiftly as they waited for the ship to finally dock. The ramp began to open and a sudden wave of exhilaration began to take over the women. Instead of walking towards the cars with the American flags waving around, they would walk to the Hummers.