+ chapter five +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

Alexa widened her eyes, fear taking over as Xander tightened his hold around her arm and yanked her away from his room. Her throat felt dry and her eyes were damp. She couldn't speak to tell him that he was hurting her and he seemed too angry to care.

His eyes were pitch-black, resembling the demons she saw on Supernatural. The only difference was that it was actually happening; it was her life, not the Winchester brothers'.

She stumbled over the carpet, almost falling on her face, but Xander's hold on her prevented her from doing so. Instead, he yanked her to stand and angrily pressed some buttons on his watch. She tried to look to see what he was doing, but in a blinding flash, they were gone.

A sick, acidic feeling began to crawl up her throat, flipping her stomach over until she thought she'd die on the spot. Her head was spinning and her hands were clammy. She blinked multiple times, trying to adjust herself and squealed once Xander released his hold on her.

"General," He growled, still managing to raise goose bumps on her arms. They were standing in the General's office and he was staring at them with surprised eyes.

"Xander? What is wrong?"

"Take her back," he spat, glaring at Alexa with so much hatred it burned through her soul.

He stood up, frowning and said, "What?"

Xander curled his lip over his teeth, adding an animalistic look to his features. "Take the human back; I do not want her in my presence anymore. It was a mistake; mating with them is not going to get us anywhere."

General Jenks deepened his frowned, completely confused. Xander was one of the first to recommend mating with the humans; why would he want to back down then? "Xander, try to calm down first."

"I cannot," he spat, his anger making the room feel smaller, "this Earthling is impossible! I have tried every possible thing. I have bought her what she likes, given her space, treated her like if she were one of our own and she repays me with childlike tantrums! She is not worthy of carrying my lineage; I refuse to mate with her."

"Xander," he softened his voice, knowing that what the girl must've done had to be serious. His second in command never angered easily. "Let us talk first. What did she do?"

Alexa gulped, playing with her fingers nervously and lowered her eyes in shame. She wanted to cry. She wanted to get to her knees and beg for forgiveness because she was an idiot. But all of that diffused when she thought of why she had been acting like a child in the first place.

She wanted to go back to her home; to her life.

Xander breathed in deeply, his eyes turning into watered pools of black as he thought of the irreplaceable picture of Corah. "She is insufferable. She wants to go back home; to her fiancé."

General Jenks frowned, quickly searching Alexa in the database and raised his eyebrows at the blue screen. "Fiancé? It says here she is single."

"It was a mistake," Alexa croaked, looking away from Xander's deathly stare.

"We do not work by mistakes, Ms. Dominick," he stated, standing up from his seat, "it says on your survey that you are single. You filled it out for us."

"Clearly she is incompetent," Xander snarled, "can we not return her? One of the qualifications was to be intelligent. She is neither smart nor willing; we have to take her back."