+ chapter one +

Project X

All Rights Reserved

© 2015 Luna Black

~*~

Alexa sat down, pulling her legs underneath her butt as she clicked through the channels, hoping to find something worth watching. Finally, she stopped it on a comedy channel, laughing quietly at the stupidity people were doing to get paid—to make her laugh.

Just as she was finally easing into the show, the TV screen turned black and made a high pitched noise. She groaned, covering her ears as red lettering began to appear on the screen; the President's announcement.

This programme has been temporarily interrupted for an important announcement.

Alexa rolled her eyes, shifting on the couch as she muttered under her breath about the stupid announcement interrupting her show.

"Dear fellow Americans," President Goodhart smiled, his pearly white teeth glittering along with his dark brown eyes. Out of all the latest president's, Goodhart looked the oldest in the shortest time. His light coloured skin wrinkled quickly and his brown hair had silver lines alongside.

"I am proud to say that our relationship with the extra-terrestrial community is still great. We have managed to keep them happy with the piece of land we gifted them and no wars are seen on the horizon." He shifted against the podium, tightening his knuckles against it and continued reading the speech, "Due to their advanced technology we cannot afford to anger them or become their enemy; which leads me to the point of this announcement."

Goodhart stared up at the camera, his brown eyes shimmering as he spoke smoothly. "The Xrions have asked for our help yet again; their women have died of an incurable disease and they are in need of our support." He cleared his throat, his eyes staring at his paper quickly before he said, "This is where our part comes in, the leader of the Xrions has requested that we give them women."

Murmurs and questions quickly began drowning him out and he raised his hands, hoping to calm the people down. "It sounds inhuman for us to approve of this, but they have granted us protection against the other possible threats roaming just outside our atmosphere. They have come in peace and we hope to keep it that way. We have issued a new law that states that any American women citizen that is fertile and single will be sent to them."

He nodded once and said, "We will be sending about a 100 women. I bid you goodnight and any questions may be taken to Mr. Johnson." He waved once, ignoring the questions being fired his way and walked away from the podium.

Alexa snorted, turning the TV off and walked over to the kitchen to check on her Bolognese. The house phone rang, making her jump slightly as she breathed out and cleaned her hands on the rag before answering the call. "Hello?"

"Alexandra!" Her mother, Veronica breathed out. "Honey, did you hear the President's new law?!"

She nodded, walking over to the fridge to grab some water and cradled the phone in between her ear and shoulder. "Yeah, it's stupid. Those stupid little green Martians can't just come in this damn planet and terrorize us!"

"You know," her mother murmured, "how come we have never seen these "little green Martians" like the media portrays them? What if they're deformed demons? Or what if the government is lying to us and trying to conduct experiments on us?!"

"Mom," Alexa narrowed her eyes, washing the silver spoon, "I, personally, am glad that we haven't seen them. The less we know about those monsters the better. Anyways, can we talk about something else? How was your day?"

She could practically hear her mother rolling her eyes and pursing her lips. "Fine," she sighed, "it was great; yours?"

"It was okay; I'm making some Bolognese; I'm hoping that Seth can stay the night. I'm starting to miss my fiancé's arms at night."