What it's like to fall in love

And for half a second time fell still....

and all of this was mine. That smile was for me. Those light blue eyes reflecting back in mine. The gentle tone of his voice, every last word, ensuring I would be alright. All of his attention fixed on this moment, on our moment and nothing else. Thinking about it now, it felt as if there had never been a time when we did not belong with each other. A time when I didn't realize just how much he would mean to me later on. He's just sitting there smiling at me. I laugh at something he says, my stomach filling with butterflies, each one fluttering it's delicate wings. I don't care if he makes me nervous. I just enjoy being around him, hearing his laugh. I love the way his eyes light up when he talks about his passions, the way he looks down at his feet when he gets nervous. How he holds my hand as if it has never occurred to him that one day he will have to let go. And every time he smiles, god, it's that smile I fall in love with again, and again. He's my first thought when I wake up in the morning, the last person that crosses my mind before I drift off to sleep. And I wonder if this is what it's like to fall in love.