chapter four - the breakup

lyndon williams

tuesday, june 19th

"Guy you don't understand!" Connie screamed as she cried.

She walked into our dorm, that we shared with Julie. We had gotten there last night and it was a pretty good room, 3 full beds, a spacious bathroom, and a window showing the Hollywood sign.

I was just done showering and got dressed as I peered out the door. Tears streamed down her face. Guy standing there pain on his face. He looked like he was about to punch something. I've only known them for two days but it felt like I knew them forever.

It was 7:30 in the morning and I had no idea what they were yelling about. I was scared for them.

"No I do understand." He uttered. He couldn't make eye contact with her. "You kissed him!"

I gasped. Two days ago she was beaming over Guy. The night before our game she kissed someone else. I was broken for Guy. I know he really liked her.

After seconds of silence Connie spoke, "It was one kiss on accident." she croaked. "it didn't mean anything." two minutes passed.

"When?" he said softly.

"What?" she asked.

"WHEN WAS THE KISS" he yelled. I jumped, tears streamed down Connies face. Seeing Connie like this hurt me, I didn't even know the back story but it was heartbreaking just seeing them like this.

"Yesterday!" she cried out.

"DO YOU EVEN CARE ABOUT ME ANYMORE?" Guy sobbed. He was hurt. Heartbroken.

"Guy please..." Connie whispered.

"We're over." he sternly spoke as he walked out of the room. I stayed in the bathroom. Not knowing what to say.

"I know you're in there." Connie said devastated. I rushed out there and gave her a huge hug. As much as I thought Guy was cute and that she cheated she was my friend.

"Don't comfort me. Go comfort Guy." she spoke up. "He's more hurt than I am"

I nodded.

g u y g e r m a i n e
point of view

How could she. I sobbed into my pillow. I couldn't understand how she could do it. She always told me she'd be there and never leave. My first kiss. My first girlfriend. Then a knock at the door. As much I still had feelings for her, I did not want it to be Connie

"Go away," I sobbed. "Connie were done!"

"It's Lyndon, I wanna talk to you." the girl said.

I walked up and opened the door. She immediately wrapped me in a hug and brought me to my bed again. I sobbed into her arms and could feel her sweatshirt getting wet from it. She rubbed my back and combed my hair with her fingers to get it out of my face. I had only known her for two days but I was so glad she was here for me.

"I know you don't want to hear this but how are you?" she softly whispered.

"How could she?" I cried softly. She continued to rub my back in circles.

She sighed, "This sounds even worse, but who did she kiss?"

"Luis. Fucking Luis." I said angrily.

She looked at me with surprised eyes.

"How did you find out?" she asked me. I had calmed myself down but I wanted to just cry as I thought about it.

"So you know that me, Luis and Charlie share a dorm, right?" I asked her. She nodded. It was also kind of obvious because of the Team USA tags on our doors. "The three of us went to work out earlier and Luis pulled me aside before we got into the gym. He said something about finding Connie cute and how he knows we're dating and all of a sudden he said 'We kissed yesterday when we got on the plane.' Turns out that's why she was fine sitting next to Julie because he was on the other side. He said they did it on there so no one would see them and because Julie fell asleep right away." I finished and she spoke.

"Guy, I am so sorry." she said. She actually sounded sincere, "What did you do after he told you?" she questioned.

"I looked at him in shock and asked if he was bullshitting me. He shook his head and told me he was telling the truth. I had to hold back my tears in front of him and ran to find Connie. She was in the breakfast area with Kenny and I told her we needed to talk alone. She suggested we go to your guys room and we got into the elevator. She asked me what she wanted to talk about and I asked if they kissed. Just straight up. She started crying instantly. When we got to your floor she tried explaining and justifying it but I told her I couldn't be with someone who cheated and that's when we got to your room."

She looked at me in with a concerning look. "So this all happened like within the span of 30 minutes" she asked.

"Yeah. Which is the worst part because we have practice in an hour and I've been crying and so has she." I said.

"Do you want to get back together with her?" she responded.

"No. She can be with Luis. I'm fine with that. She felt the need to kiss him. Maybe it was just a PeeWee thing for us. I mean all good things must come to an end." I sniffled.

"Well," she said. She held herself back from something. "I know from experience that food cheers everyone up and you need to eat some and drink some water before we have to practice anyways." She didn't want to say that.

Lyndon somehow made everything better. She was in my room for twenty minutes and I was still sad but just telling her this made me feel so good.

"Yes. I need french toast." I laughed and wiped my nose. She laughed too. I just broke up with Connie. Was I already catching feelings?

We made our way down the floors of the dormitory. Got our breakfast and sat down. Me with french toast, scrambled eggs, sausage, and  grits, with a glass of orange juice. Lyndon on the other hand with 3 pancakes, bacon, over easy eggs, a small cup of oatmeal and a hot chocolate. We made food art and she took my mind off of the breakup the entire time. Soon we had practice. Not only our first official practice as Team USA but everyone would find out about me and Connie.

Here we go.

authors note!!
sorry for all the connie and guy lovers but this is a guy wattpad! i thought this way would be the best way to end it. what do you think? comment and vote
love you<3