chapter twenty - final game part two

lyndon williams

wednesday, june 27th

After breaking it down everyone got into their positions.

I was starting on the bench so I was trying to find my parents in the 1000's of people in the crowd. I scanned everywhere. Finally I saw Marley jumping up and down trying to get my attention. She was so cute, she had blue pom-poms and was waving them up and down.

My parents were sitting with her and Jessie along with Dylan and Sierra. They all had small signs that said 'Go Lyndon' and '15 is the queen!', I loved them.

We started out with Goldberg goal tending while Averman took the face off. He immediately got knocked down. This team was obviously stronger. I watched Guy get checked down. I winced as he hit the ground. I could tell that had to hurt.

They tried scoring on us but Goldberg saved it, thank god. Dean got the puck right after.

"Yes! Dean has it!" Julie cheered. We clapped but too soon. He didn't make it a foot until he got checked into the boards by Gunnar.

While Iceland was clear to dominate early one of their players tried shooting from the blue line. Goldberg stick saved it!

Once Iceland got it again and tripped our goalie. Sanderson wrapped around the goal and shot.

The siren wailed while their team cheered.

"It's all right! We'll get that one back." Bombay persevered.

"Goalie change!" he yelled out, "Lyndon! Get out there and show the world what a catcher can do on the ice!"

I waved him a fake salute. 

I grabbed what I needed and got onto the ice, I skated over to the post when I saw an Icelander skating away from Goldberg.

"All right that's it!" he shouted. He hurled himself forward.

Me and Dwayne held onto his shoulders, "Don't listen to him." I said.

"Catch Catch is right, that guy'll kill you."

He sighed, "Well, at least hold me back like i'm gonna kill him."

"You're so lucky to have us as friends." I said to him. I put my helmet and gloves on.

After saying that Dwayne escorted Goldberg off the ice and both of their acting skills were surprisingly well. He yelled and played it off tough.

"Line change!" I heard from the bench, coach say from the bench. Guy, Jesse, and Russ skated out. I was hoping they were bringing out his knucklepuck.

As soon as they skated out Guy skated up to me, "How do you feel?"

"Like the entire world is about to watch me dominate."

He smacked the side of my helmet, "That's my girl."

My girl.

He skated away leaving the best feeling in my heart. I don't know how he does it every time.

"Go Lyndon!" I broke out of my love thoughts, I heard my parents scream-cheering for me.

Their faces changed from cheering to scared when they pointed at a player skating as fast as he could towards me. I felt my eyes shoot open.

I know I didn't want to pull a Luis and Goldberg so I did what Dylan taught me to do when I was getting picked on for playing on Dylan's baseball team.

The boys would charge at me when I was running to second, so I used what I know.

The skater had just crossed the blue line when I dropped my stick and glove. I turned to my side and checked him over. He didn't even have the puck.