chapter ten - iceland

lyndon williams

friday, june 22nd around 1:30

Sleeping away the punch felt amazing. I woke up to being gently pushed back and forth.

"Lyndon, wake up. Foods here!" Guy whispered softly. My eyes fluttered open to see that Guy was looking down at me. I had fallen asleep on his lap. He didn't move. He actually stayed.

"We have Chinese, Mexican, or Italian." Connie spoke as she interrupted my thoughts. The girls had gotten back with the food and Dylan and Sierra must've went sightseeing because they got back with Hollywood T-Shirts. I slowly sat up and brushed off the small pain I had felt in my stomach. I had to play today.

"Depends on what you have." I groggily said while I got up to get my hockey bag ready.

"Well for Chinese we had wontons, egg rolls, lo mien, and sesame chicken-" Julie started.

"Dibs on the sesame chicken!" Guy bursted. I laughed as I nodded at Julie to go on.

She laughed while handing Guy the chicken, "Mexican includes; Chicken tacos," Sierra raised her hand immediately, it was her favourite food. Julie handed them to her, "and quesadillas, and fajitas."

I shook my head. She opened the boxes of Italian food. "What do you have in there?" I asked.

"Chicken Alfredo-" she spoke.

"That. I'll take that." I interrupted her. It was one of my favourite things I couldn't say no.

Connie, Dylan, and Julie took their pickings at the rest of the food. They were all giving me looks of concernment and I knew what they were thinking.

"Guys, I'm fine. I promise. The hurting stopped and I want to play tonight!"

"Are you sure?" Dylan asked.

Sierra nodded, "We just don't know if you'll be okay to play against Iceland."

"I think she'll be okay. She did sleep pretty hard and with all the carbs she's eating the pain will probably go away." Guy assured them. I gave him a thankful look and continued to pack my bag. Connie and Julie got up to do the same.

"Do you think I'll be able to play today?" Julie sighed. I know she wanted to play more than anyone.

Guy looked at me confused. His face was full of sesame chicken so I could help but smile. His cheeks were full and he was still trying to stuff in more. "She really wants to play." I mouthed to him.

"I bet you will." I comforted her.

Connie walked over to her a rubbed her shoulder, "Yeah. I've known Goldberg my whole life and I think even he wants you to play."

Dylan and Sierra looked confused but continued to eat. "Where did you get these tacos?" Sierra asked with a mouthful.

"Just from some food truck," Julie said then biting her tongue. They were kinda the reason I got punched, "Sorry Lyndon."

"Don't worry about me."

We continued to get ready and eating before Guy questioned me. "Do you know who your admirer is yet?"